One of the trickiest parts of applying for a Schengen Visa, Canada Visa or other first-world visas is getting the flight reservations.
For example, for Schengen Visa, flight reservations are a requirement. Not having these will most likely result in the denial of your application. But here’s the thing: Booking flight tickets before you get a visa is not advisable because in the off-chance that you are refused, it will be a big waste of money. Tickets to Europe are not cheap!
It is important to remember this: What is required is FLIGHT RESERVATIONS not an actual booking. Meaning, you don’t need to pay for the flights in full yet. You just need to reserve them.
WHAT'S COVERED IN THIS GUIDE?
Where do I get Flight Reservations?
Travel agencies can provide this! In one of our Schengen applications, we booked with an agency called Gazelle Travel and Tours, which came highly recommended by a friend. They issue legit reservation proof that we used in our application. We didn’t have any problems with it. (Our applications were approved, no sweat!)
Gazelle Travel and Tours is:
- DOT-Accredited (Accreditation No. TOP-R04A-00003487-2016)
- Member of NAITAS (National Association of Independent Travel Agencies – Philippines)
From the day we published our Schengen Visa Guide, we get multiple inquiries about how to book with them, so we decided to just make it a lot easier for our readers. We arranged an agreement with them and created a Google Form (see below) where you can simply enter the details of your flight reservation request and they will be the one to contact you via text or email.
Some airlines can also provide this directly, although I haven’t tried it.
What does a Flight Reservation look like?
Gazelle’s looks like this. Click on the pics to enlarge. These are samples only. The actual document varies depending on the airline and the booking system used.
How Much Does it Cost?
You have two options: Regular and Rush. Regular takes 3-5 days, while Rush takes 24 hours on weekdays and 48 hours on weekends. The count begins at the moment you have made the payment.
You will be charged P200 per additional flight if you need to book more than 3 flights (regular) or 5 flights (rush).
The rates are PER PERSON per processing. You can make corrections until you give approval. Once you approve, the request is processed, and the reservations have been issued, you can no longer make changes. You will have to start a new request.
How long can they hold the reservation?
It depends on many factors such as:
- Airline. Each airline has their own policy when it comes to blocking period lengths.
- Airline Booking Class
- Travel Period
Gazelle will be informing you of how long the reservation will be valid. If the flights that best fit your needs can only be held/blocked for a short period, you can tell Gazelle to send the reservation document when the date of your embassy appointment or submission is close. You can still book with them now and arrange to have it sent to you on a specific date and remind them when that date is near for good measure.
Do they also offer Hotel Reservation Services?
Yes, you can include hotel reservations too. You can use the same form below. Here are the rates per person:
If booking more than 3 or 5 hotels, you will be charged P200 per additional hotel.
The rates are PER PERSON per processing. Once the request has been processed and reservation copies have been issued, changes can no longer be made.
Do they also offer Travel Insurance?
Yes, they sell plans by Standard Insurance, a trusted name in the insurance industry. For Schengen Visa you can include hotel reservations too. You can use the same form below. Here are the rates:
Please check with the embassy if they require travel insurance coverage to have extra days allowance beyond your actual travel period, e.g., additional 15 days for Italy, Switzerland.
On top of the published rates, Gazelle will charge a P250 booking fee.
How do I book flight reservation?
- Fill out the form below. Choose between REGULAR or RUSH. If you want to include hotel reservations, tick the corresponding checkbox. Make sure your email address and contact number is correct.
- You will receive a message from Gazelle Travel and Tours confirming the details of your request. You will also be asked to settle the bill via bank deposit before they could process the request.
- Pay via bank deposit. Please indicate your mobile number on the deposit slip and email a copy to Gazelle.
- Wait for your Flight/Hotel Reservation, which will be emailed to you.
That’s it! Easy, ye?
Please make sure that the information you will submit are correct. This will be the basis for the travel agency when they process your request. You can make corrections until you give approval. Once you approve, the request is processed, and the reservations have been issued, you can no longer make changes. You will have to start a new request.
✅ If you’re viewing this on mobile, fill out the form here: FLIGHT RESERVATION REQUEST FORM
Important Notes: Please Read.
- These reservations will be cancelled automatically by default. You don’t need to use these ticket reservations, but if you choose to stick to it, please let Gazelle Travel and Tours know so they can really book those flights for you. The cancellation date of the flight reservation depends on the airline. The auto-cancellation is done by the airline, not by Gazelle Travel and Tours. Fare is not guaranteed and is subject to change depending on the booking class fare sale availability.
- Payment is non-refundable if your visa application is declined. The result of your application does not change the fact that you used the services of Gazelle Travel and Tours.
- The rates are PER PERSON per processing. Once the request has been processed and reservation copies have been issued, changes can no longer be made.
- Make sure you double check details before you confirm with Gazelle. The reservation document is final once it has been issued. If the document has been issued and you want to make changes, you will have to start all over.
- The transaction is between you and Gazelle Travel and Tours only. The Poor Traveler does not own or are not employed by Gazelle. Please coordinate with Gazelle directly if you have questions or clarifications.
- This blog earns a small commission at NO EXTRA COST to you.