While our railway system is still limited and expansion plans are still developing, using the expressway is still the best choice for faster travel by land between Metro Manila and the provinces. Unlike highways, expressways have controlled entrances and exits, and in the case of the Philippines, are marked by toll gates.
Starting 1 December 2020, all expressways / tollways are ordered by the Department of Transportation to transition to a cashless payment system via RFID. This means that owners and operators must secure RFID accounts for their vehicles, public or private. This will lessen the transmission of viruses and other contagious diseases that can be spread through human contact.
WHAT'S COVERED IN THIS GUIDE?
What is RFID?
Before we share with you how to reload your RFID account, here’s a quick info about what it is.
There are two types of RFID in Luzon — the Autosweep and the EasyTrip.
- Autosweep works for expressways and tollways managed by the San Miguel Corporation (SMC) — Skyway, SLEX, NAIAX, STAR Tollway, MCX, and TPLEX.
- EasyTrip can be used for expressways managed by Metro Pacific Tollways Corporation (MPTC) — CAVITEX, CALAX, C5 Link, NLEX, and SCTEX.
When you register to your chosen installation site, the RFID sticker tag will be installed on either the left portion of your windshield or the left headlamp.
You will also get your RFID account card. In case the RFID reader failed to detect your sticker tag, you can just hand over your RFID card to the toll attendant. Always keep the physical card with you.
How to reload RFID account using PayMaya?
This article focuses on PayMaya transactions. Here’s the step-by-step process of reloading using PayMaya.
- Log in to your PayMaya account.
- Click the TRAVEL icon.
- Choose the icon for TOLL PASS.
- Choose the RFID you wish to reload — Autosweep RFID or EasyTrip.
- Fill out the required details: RFID account number and the amount you wish to load. Then Click Continue.
- You will be directed to the confirmation page. Check the details you provided.
- Click confirm. You’re all done!
Note: Minimum amount for reloading is P500. Make sure that your PayMaya account has enough balance before proceeding.
Where else can I reload my RFID account?
Reloading your RFID is easy because there are many options. Just choose the one that suits your preference.
- Express, Online, and E-wallet: GCash, PayMaya, Coins.ph, Eon, JustPay.To, ExpressPay, E.CPay, E.Tap, TouchPay
- Online Banking Partners: Bank of Commerce, Union Bank, Chinabank, Maybank
- Gasoline Station Partners: Petron & Shell
- Mall Partners: SM, Robinsons, Rustan’s, Walter Mart
- Supermarket Partners: SM Hypermarket, Savemore, Robinsons Supermarket, Shopwise, Wellcome, The Marketplace
- Convenience Store Partners: Treats, 7/11, Family Mart
- Others: Bayad Center, LBC, DA5, RD Pawnshop, Tambunting, ShareTreats
- Express, Online, and E-wallet: GCash, PayMaya, Coins.ph, SmartMoney, Eon, JustPay.To, E.CPay, TouchPay
- Online Banking Partners: BDO, UCPB, Metrobank, MasterCard, Visa, Bancnet
- Mall Partners: SM, Robinsons, Walter Mart
- Convenience Store Partners: 7/11
- Others: Bayad Center, LBC, Posible