One sure way to make us smile is to mention Australia. Whenever a friend asks us a simple question about our time there, we can’t seem to stop talking passionately. Australia is incredible. It may be the world’s smallest continent, but it is teeming with adventures.

Within a month, we were able to visit four cities (Darwin, Sydney, Cairns, and Brisbane), three towns (Alice Springs, Yulara, Airlie Beach), and five national parks (Litchfield, Kakadu, Wattarka, Kata Tjuta-Uluru, and the Great Barrier Reef). It is the most unforgettable trip we have been on to date, and we can’t wait for our readers to experience what the Land Down Under has to offer.

Fortunately, it is easy to get an Australian tourist visa. While you can still apply via VFS Global, a more hassle-free way is to do everything online.

First, let’s look at how Australia defines a “tourist.” The visa type you need is called “Visitor visa” (subclass 600). Under this visa, there are two streams: Tourist and Business. According to VFS, a tourist is a person visiting Australia temporarily “for a holiday, for a visit to relatives or friends, or for other short-term non-work purposes, including study for less than three months.”

The visa that we got was valid for 3 months, and must be used within 6 months of issuance.

Note that this post is for Filipino citizens applying for an Australian TOURIST Visa. If you’re eyeing another type (long-term study, business, residency visas), I’m afraid we can’t help you because we haven’t experienced it.

Here’s exactly how we did it.

Australian Immigration Website Interface
Australian Immigration Website Interface


1. Sign up for an ImmiAccount.

ImmiAccount means an account with, the Australian government’s official Immigration website. It is important to create an ImmiAccount because the whole process will be done on this website.

Important: Make sure you use a working email address. Any update about your application will be sent to this email (including the acknowledgment of receipt of your application and the actual visa grant). You will also get notified every time you log into your account.

To register, go to this site.


2. Accomplish the Application Form.

Once you have an account, you’ll receive a confirmation link via email. Check your inbox and follow the link.

Once confirmed, you may start filling out the application form. This is the equivalent of Form 1419 (Application for a Visitor visa – Tourist stream), except you don’t need to print this out. It will retain the information you enter as long as you save them.

What if you start accomplishing the form but can’t complete right then? It’s okay. You can SAVE the changes and continue editing in the future. As long as you SAVE it (and NOT SUBMIT), you can keep on editing the form.

DO NOT SUBMIT THE FORM if you’re not done yet.

3. Pay the Application Fee.

Online payments are done via credit card only.

If you have one, good for you. The fee is now AUD 135 (PHP 5387) (although at the time I applied, the fee was only AUD 130). A credit card surcharge was also collected. (In my case, it was AUD 1.34.)

If you don’t have a credit card, you can ask a family member or a friend who has one.

Can you pay even without submitting the supporting documents? Yes. You can upload the additional docs later.


4. Submit Supporting Documents.

On your application dashboard, you will find a field where you can upload the required and not-required-but-great-to-have documents. The key is to submit as many types as you can. Better safe than sorry.

Here a list of SCANNED items that I believe are of utmost importance.

  1. Info page of passport.
  2. PSA birth certificate.
  3. Passport-size photograph
  4. Previous and Current Visas. We scanned all the pages of our old and current passports that have stamps.
  5. Evidence of sufficient funds to prove that you have the financial capability to do this trip. The more of these documents you can provide, the better: personal bank statements, pay slips, tax records (ITR) or credit card limit. In my case, I submitted a copy of my bank statement, pay slips, and ITR.
  6. Evidence of strong ties in the Philippines. Any document that can prove you’re returning to the Philippines:
    If employed, certificate of employment stating your intention to return to your job
    If self-employed, business registration documents
    If student, certificate of enrolment
    – You can also submit documents proving you own property or other significant assets (land titles, etc.)
  7. Daily itinerary for your stay in Australia.

Here are more documents that I did not submit because these didn’t apply to me, but if they apply to you, make sure you have them.

  1. Letter of invitation. Only if you’re visiting a friend or relative. Best if you have photos with that friend and relative showing that you really know each other.
  2. Identification Documents of Sponsor. If you declare that your trip will be paid for by someone other than yourself.
  3. Evidence that your sponsor in Australia can financially support your trip. If you declare that your trip will be paid for by someone other than yourself.
  4. Marriage Certificate. If your current last name is different from your last name in your birth certificate.

Here are additional documents that are not required but I believe can help your application go smoothly. (I submitted the following.)

  1. Cover Letter. This isn’t required, but it would help you a lot if you upload a letter explaining why you want to visit. Make sure that the letter summarizes and supports everything else you’re submitting. Remember, there will be no interview so it is best to let them know what you plan to do in Oz.
  2. Roundtrip flight and hotel booking. You are actually discouraged to book flights and hotels before you’re granted a visa (so your money won’t go to waste should your application be denied), but in our case, we already had confirmed bookings so we thought we might as well submit them. This might be helpful if you snagged low fares via seat sale. But if you don’t have tickets yet, don’t book. Wait for your visa before making flight arrangements.

I know friends who also submitted their latest credit card statement. This is to show them that you have additional source of travel funds. I have a credit card but didn’t submit mine.


That’s it! Once you have submitted your application, you should receive an Acknowledgment of Application Receipt in your email. I got mine on the same day of submission.

From here, it’s gonna be a nerve-racking waiting game. Note that they will never give you an update from the moment you submit until a decision is made. This means that the next email you’re going to receive from them will tell you whether you have been granted or denied a visa.


Frequently Asked Questions

1. When will I be informed of the results of my application?

The processing can take a few days to one month, depending on your case. Ours took almost a month. I submitted my application on May 9 and received my visa on June 5. This was in 2015.

However, it seems like it’s much faster lately. Some of our friends who had applied in the past year got theirs after only 1-2 days!


2. How long is the validity of the Australian visa?

In my case, even though I applied for a 3-week stay, I was granted a visa valid for 3 months. I think that’s the standard length for non-working visas.


3. How early should I apply for an Australian visa?

Not earlier than 6 months before your trip. In the visa, the last day I can enter Australia was clearly specified: 6 months after the visa was granted. Again, I’m not sure if this is the case for everyone, but that’s what was indicated on mine.


4. How much money should I have in the bank to get approved?

No one knows exactly. They don’t explicitly say. But to give you an idea for a ballpark figure, the Embassy of France now requires from Schengen visa applicants EUR 120 per day of stay.


5. What are the reasons why my application would be denied?
  • You can’t prove that you intend to return to the Philippines. You probably don’t have a stable job at this point or are newly employed or newly resigned, and it’s giving the impression that you plan on staying longer than your declared duration.
  • You can’t prove that you can financially support yourself on this trip. You or your sponsor may not be in good financial standing.
  • You seem to not know the details of your trip. You may have appeared as though you’re not really doing what you declared you would be doing, which may raise some red flags.
  • Your purpose in Australia is unclear. This is why it is best to be specific when you’re detailing the reasons for your visit.


6. What does an Australian Visa look like?

Here’s what the Australian Visa looks like when you receive it online. It doesn’t get attached to the passport. Just bring a copy and show the Immigration Officer when you arrive:


If you have questions or something to add to this post, holler in the comments section below! 🙂

Watch our Latest Video!

Important Reminders


  1. Backpacking Buds says:

    This is going to help us so much with sorting out our Aussie visas! Thanks for the informative post guys, much appreciated.

    Kyle 🙂

  2. Rcliza Mae Co says:

    Hi Yoshke,

    What is a notarized NSO birth certificae? Is it the yellow green document?

    Also, what is a notarized passport info page? Is it a certified true copy that should be requested from the DFA?


    • yoshke says:

      Hello! 🙂

      Yep, but I remember, we didn’t have ours notarized but they accepted it. (Updating the post now. Sorry for the trouble.)

      The passport info page is the first page of the passport. The one with your picture. 🙂

      • Jen says:


        Just a follow-up question, do you mean that this is just a photocopy of the first page of the passport and then notarized and scanned?


        • Elaine says:

          Scanned copy of your passport will do. That’s what I did in my application and they accepted it.

      • Shae says:

        Hi! Ive read through your article on AU visa and was wondering if having a Japan visa (recently expired) would be a plus?

  3. Law says:

    HI how much is the minimum funds for the bank statement? Do you have any idea? Cheers.

    • Elaine says:

      Depends on your situation: if you are self-funded or sponsored. Assuming that you are funding the trip, there’s no definite $$$ for as long as you can prove that you are financially capable and you have a good financial standing (bank acct should be atleast 3months old, stable source of income etc.). What I did was, I created an itinerary and estimated the cost of the entire trip. That should give you an idea of what amount should you have in your bank. 🙂

      • Benedic says:

        Hi, how about if someone’s going to sponsor you, with all yhe expenses such as tickets, accommodation and cost of living during visit period do you still need to show a bank statement? Or just the letter of invitation from your sponsor? Thanks!

  4. Law says:

    Hi, Do you know the minimum or ideal amount of funds needed in the bank for the ‘show money’? Cheers.

  5. bubbydoll says:

    hi, im over 18 and my dad is my primary source of income. ive never had a job before. how can i present that on the application. also, the website advises the documents added to the app must be in .bmp format, what kind of format were your documents (birthcertificate, passport)? thank you.

    • Elaine says:

      You can state that your trip is funded by your dad. He needs to provide proof of income, etc. They allow pdf and jpeg as well.

  6. Erika Shrestha says:

    hi, i m a foreigner taking my masters degree in phillipines. i want to apply for australian tourist visa to visit my sister in australia during summer break. what additional documents do i need to submit? thank u po.

    • Elaine says:

      If she is sponsoring you, she has to write an invitation letter, copy of her passport, proof of assets (title of house and bank statements). Given that you are a student, I would suggest asking your sister to sponsor the whole trip or make it appear on your visa application.

  7. noelpuru says:

    how did you receive the visa? Are they gonna mail it to you? Or just email and you can print it? Thanks

  8. Ram says:

    Hi. Is there a chance that I will be given a visa if my reason is to only travel for a couple of days in aussie but will be flying to another country with a multiple entry? My proof of evidence will only be the visa of that country and PH employment certificate (given that I recently resigned)?

    • Elaine says:

      There is. Just make sure to create a comprehensive cover letter and include the details of your flights.

  9. ivy rose Javier says:

    Hello. I just want to confirm that the tourist visa is valid for 1 year upon approval. Thank you.

    • Tin Navarro says:

      Hi! Can i get a clarification… so the visa does not have a definite period, like from June 20,2017-August 20,2017? It will just say that the visa is good for so and so number of months? I am planning to apply for one soon, but would like to travel in December pa. Thanks!

    • Elaine says:

      Depends on the visa granted to you. I think, the minimum is 3 months validity (single or multiple entry). If you will apply for a 12 month visa, I think you have to undergo medical exam.

  10. mm says:

    Hello. Is it okay to not present ITR since I’ve just resigned from my job. And AU will just be a stopover since Im going to another country..

  11. Iris Lyn says:

    hello! should i just scan my passport including my past travels or do i have to photocopy it, notarized and then scan and upload on their website? thanks in advance.

    • Angela Celis says:

      I have the same question, is it necessary for the documents to be notarized? Or are colored scans good enough? thank you!

      • yoshke says:

        Hi Angela, when we applied, the list of requirements indicated that the passport has to be notarized. We didn’t have ours notarized, though. But our application still got approved. 🙂

  12. Ben Covina says:

    hello….do we need to get a travel insurance as well? is it a must/requirement?

  13. lara says:

    for the bank statement, how far historically should you show? 6 months? 1 year?

  14. Eleni says:

    Hi! Your blog post is very helpful, though I have few more questions! Haha When should one apply for a tourist visa? Can I apply 6 mos in advance or they have a rule that the earliest is 3 mos before like Schengen visa? I’ll be flying on Oct 28th this year, and I’m not really sure if I should book now or wait in August. I’m scared If I apply now valid pa din kaya visa ko sa october. Thank you so much 🙂

    • yoshke says:

      Hi Eleni! The visa we received must be used within 6 months of issuance. We applied in June and we needed to enter Australia before December.

  15. Seth says:

    Hi! If I’ll apply for a family visa (group of 5), should I create an ImmiAccount individually? Also, I’ll be flying on Nov this year and my passport will expire Feb 2018, can I apply for a visa now kahit sa September 2017 pa yung schedule for renewal ko?

  16. Jess Sebastian says:

    Hi Yosh, can I use a bank certificate instead of a bank statement? Thank you 🙂

  17. Patty says:

    Hi! I will be applying for an Australian visa next week. I am a student and okay lang ba if I show my bank certificate instead of bank statements as proof on how I can fund for my trip?

  18. Anonymous says:

    Hi! I will be applying for an Australian visa next week. I am a student and okay lang ba if I show my bank certificate instead of bank statements as proof of how I can fund for my trip? Also, how much should I show if I will be staying for 1 week?

    • Elaine says:

      I guess this comment is a week late, sorry. If you’re a student, how can you afford to go on a trip? Technically, you have no source of income. I would suggest asking your parents to declare sponsorship. Bank statement or certificate will do. As for the money, consider which state are you visiting. Some costs higher than the others. Check the hotel rates, activities you want to try and transportation. Make sure you have an extra money in case of emergencies.

  19. Jeff says:


    About the bank statement, did you just took a photo of your hard copy bank statement? Or is it okay to just take a screenshot of my online banking account?

  20. Nelle says:


    Thank you for the helpful blog! One question, though. The documents need to be scanned or can we just take photos of those and submit?

    Thanks and appreciate your response!

    • Elaine says:

      For as long as you can take a clear photo of the document, that should be alright. I would recommend scanning tho.

      • Grech says:

        With regards to required documents to be attached, there’s no limit per file?.. or is it required to have a minimum 500kb per file?..

  21. butch says:

    thanks for the info, but can i apply tourist visa without the bank statement? my aunt will shoulder all the expenses? thanks and I didn’t have a job can it be possible?

    • Elaine says:

      That is possible. If your aunt will cover all your expenses, your bank statement is not a problem. But if you have any amount in the bank, I would suggest that you include it no matter how little it is. As for the job, well, some people get their visa application denied because they have weak PH ties or not enough reason that you’ll go back to the PH.

  22. Clea says:

    Hi, I am planning to apply for tourist visa. I am currently staying in Singapore. Do I need to go for biometrics collection even though I would apply online? Thanks

  23. Kris says:

    Hello…..i just want to ask if same on mine ..i dont have any property or own a Business like having business permit…..i have only friend there in australia and hes the one paying for all ….what should i do…hope theres someone give some advice on me.

  24. Ime says:

    Hi hope u cud help me…. i am applying online and i am in the portion of attaching the files…. i scanned the documents using adobe and saved it in the icloud drive of my ipad…. however, i could not access or click on the files in my icloud drive to attach these… what could be the reason?…. i used the same procedure and files for my new zealand visa application and it was fine…. thank you in advance!

  25. Sally says:


    Can i ask you a favor to please send me an example of cover letter and itinerary you submit when you applied. Here is my email thank you in advanced and thanx for this wonderful blog you help so much specially for the first time traveller. Have a nice weekend and God Bless
    I will wait for ur reply.. thanx again

  26. kristian says:

    good evening, can i ask po kung paano process po ng pag bayad ng visa fee for tourist visa sub 600.. i am planning to apply my visa by next week.. thank you.

    by the way you can email me your answer:

    thank you in advance

  27. Ann says:

    Hello, I just want to ask because I don’t have any bank statements or any account is it okay because all my expenses will be shoulder to my Aussie boyfriend and his family, what should I do? Thanks
    or you can email me at

  28. Carlo says:

    Hi! Thanks for the useful info. Anyway, I’d like to ask if having a medical examination is strictly required in all cases? Will my application be denied if I didn’t take a medical examination? I’m just staying there for 6 days, yet the examination will cost me 6000 bucks. Thanks!

  29. Gian says:

    Hi there! I’m applying for tourist visa online. Where do I attach my passport size picture? Thanks

  30. Airica S. Catindoy says:

    Hi . ask lang ako if makakakuha ba akong ng visa sa Australia ? Unemployed po kasi akong as in sa bahay lang ? E yung friend ko sa Australia yinayaya akong magbaskyon ng 10days? Pero diko Alan paano ako makakakuha ng visa? Wala din akong pera sa bank account na malaki? Maibibigay ko lang is I.d and birth certificate … Pero yung nag invite sken na friends ko sagot nya lahat expenses ko dun roundtrip ticket ko as in lahat. Paano po ba ?? Help naman po…. Reply pls.

  31. Fhemie says:

    Hi Sir!
    I need your advice po Im planning to lodge my tourist visa to Oz soon. I’m self-employed ngayon, but i have yet to complete my business registration papers. Wala naman po kayang problem if ever newly-issued lang yung isa-submit kong documents? Also, aside from DTI and Mayor’s Permit, what other documents ang pwede pa po iattach? Thanks!!

    • Hi Fhemie, I think it would raise questions. But if you have other ways to prove that you’re earning (invoices, ITR, etc.), those would help.

  32. Chris says:

    Hi. I’m pretty much ok with my application. But they’re requiring past travel documents to be attached. The last time i travelled out of the country was back in 2010 to HK. Do you think it’s really required? Also I was declined for a US visa in 2010 as well. Should I declare that in my application?

    • Hi Chris! You can submit your HK trip even if it was in 2010.

      Regarding the US visa refusal, if they ask, you should tell the truth. (Not sure if they ask in the form.)

  33. Molly says:

    HI! applying visa next week, i would like to ask if you could help me or can i use your submitted cover letter as a pattern? And can u share your itinerary and hotel?

    Thanks alot!

  34. Shandy Cadungog says:

    Hii…..i would to know how to apply the visa… I born and lived in Malaysia but I am a Philippines pasport holder… how can i fill the visa requirement if i dont have Philippines birth certificate..Nso…bank statement and so so on

  35. Qirk says:

    Is this process applicable to all filipinos regardless where are you working right now (curretly working in mid east)??? Thank you

    • Yoshke Dimen says:

      Hi Qirk. I think so. But not sure. If I remember correctly, they will be asking questions about your location on the IMMI website. (It’s been a while so I’m not sure I’m remembering it right.)

  36. Parrara says:

    Hi just want to ask if ok ba na isubmit ko yung 2 nso cert. Of my 2 kids just to make sure na i’ll come back? Wala kc akong work but i have credit cards extention of my mother in law in the states?

  37. Koleen says:

    Hi Yoshke! I hope you can help me. I have a question kasi. I’m filling out an online application form and I’m being asked what is the relationship between me and the one who will support my travel. Since my boyfriend is the one sponsoring my trip I was hoping I could choose “friend” to best describe the relationship. I could’t find friend on the drop down list. Do you know what could be the problem? Did I miss anything? This is page 13/20 on the form. Thank you!

      • Koleen says:

        It’s okay. Another question, is it okay if I submit 3 recent payslips instead of ITR and one bank certificate to establish that I am working and have a personal savings? Pang additional evidence lang. Thank you!

  38. Julie says:

    Hi koleen…where u able to get australian visa? Hows the process going? I want to ask what relationship did u put on ur application? Thanks.

  39. Julie says:

    Hi yoshke,
    Thank u for this useful blog…I want to ask if how much the minimum amount of money to show in the bank statement? How long u’ve got ur approval letter? And lastly, is it okay to put there 2weeks planning to stay in australia but my real intention is to stay for 2months? Would it matter? Since i didn’t saw ur visa letter the valid date
    Pls reply….thanks!

    • Yoshke Dimen says:

      Hi Julie! Here are my answers.

      how much the minimum amount of money to show in the bank statement?
      —- I dunno. They don’t explicitly say. But to give you an idea, the embassy of France requires 120 euro per day from Schengen applicants. Maybe you can use that as basis to get a ballpark figure?

      How long u’ve got ur approval letter?
      — Almost a month. But this was in 2015. It’s much shorter these days. Some get theirs in 1-2 days.

      Is it okay to put there 2weeks planning to stay in australia but my real intention is t stay for 2months?
      —- We always encourage being truthful in visa applications. But we applied for a 3-week stay and were granted a visa valid for 3 months.

  40. Ann says:

    Hi there! Would like to ask if screenshots ng credit card and bank statements pwede as attachments? Thank you

  41. Peter says:

    Hi, perhaps someone may be able to help me with this, I am an Australian, previously working and living in Malaysia and still currently residing , or staying there, (in Malaysia) for an extended holiday on a tourist visa. I wish to take my girlfriend, who is a Filipina and who is currently working in Malaysia (as a maid) though, not my maid, on a trip down to Australia. Obviously I will be financing the trip and all her expenses will be covered by me. Does anyone know from perhaps a similar situation whether there maybe difficulties in securing the visa.

    • jet says:

      Peter, better inquire or ask for assistance with your embassy or consular office in Malaysia.

  42. Rus says:

    Hi! I would be applying for tourist visa this month. I’m planning to lodge my application online without going thru an agency. I’ve scanned all the requirements. May i know what specific documents need to be notarized? Thanks!

    • Yoshke Dimen says:

      Hi Rus! There was a note that the passport copy had to be notarized when we applied. Not sure if that’s still true now. You’ll know when you begin your application. It’s usually indicated on the application dashboard.

  43. Aileen says:

    What if I have Australian sponson who is not living im Australia?
    I have Australian bf who wants me to travel with him to Australia for a holiday.

    • Yoshke Dimen says:

      Hi Aileen. Naku, we can only speak from experience so hindi namin alam pag ganyan ung case. 🙁

    • Yoshke Dimen says:

      Hi Gie. Yes you can. The application is 100% done online (unless you’re summoned).

  44. Jane says:

    Hello, ask ko lang po kung paano ma.affix yong signature ng applicant through online application. Do they ask for medical if 3 or 6 months holiday only?

  45. Micah says:

    May I ask if to whom should I address the cover letter if I’ll be applying online?

    • Yoshke Dimen says:

      I addressed it to:

      Australian Embassy Manila
      Level 23-Tower 2 RCBC Plaza, 6819 Ayala Avenue 1200

      Not sure if that’s right, but that’s what I submitted. 🙂

  46. Liza says:

    Hi Yoshke, this article is very helpful! Thank you for writing this.

    Anyway, I have a few questions. I’m planning to visit my aunt in Australia in 2019 with my husband and baby (less than 2 years old). I’m working online as a freelancer and my only proof of income is my PayPal account – I get paid weekly via PayPal. Do you think I can I use that as my proof of income? I don’t have BIR yet. Just a note, my husband has a stable office job with good salary and I have a bank account with quite a good amount of savings, almost 1M. Do you think there’s a chance that we will be approved?

    • Yoshke Dimen says:

      Hi Liza, since your trip won’t be until 2019, you still have plenty of time to work on your BIR documents. This will make your chances better. 🙂

      • jet says:

        Liza, your hubby should be the Primary Applicant.

        1) will it be individual application in cases for family with kids? or husband and wife? or there is group application?
        2) if individual, there is a chance that one gets approved and other/s not.

        • Yoshke Dimen says:

          One member can apply for the whole family.

          According to the Immi website: Yes. ImmiAccount will let you submit multiple online applications and pay for these applications at the same time. For example, if you and your family are applying for visitor visa applications, one member of the family can create and manage all the applications through their ImmiAccount, and pay for all these applications at once. Payment can be made by credit card in Australian Dollars (AUD) for all online applications submitted through ImmiAccount.

  47. Lei says:

    Hi. Just want to ask po if ok lng ba ilagay names ng friends to visit/contact in australia? Should i still ask for a letter of invitation from them or any proof that i know them? This is a self funded trip po pero pano po kung nag offer din po ng accomodation sa place nila what document po ang ibbgay sa embassy? I hope you can help me po. Thank you so much!

    • Yoshke Dimen says:

      Hi Lei, if you’ll be staying at a friend’s house, it would be best to submit a letter of invitation talaga. Best if in the letter, maexplain ung details ng trip and how you know each other. And yes, you can also submit proof of your relationship.

  48. Shae says:


    Hi! Ive read through your article on AU visa and was wondering if having a Japan visa (recently expired) would be a plus? Coz I’m planning to reapply for a Japan visa as well, for the multiple entry.

    Hope to hear from you soon.

  49. Red says:

    Hi Yosh,

    Planning to take my parents to Oz. Never been there but I want to go with them. Problem is, they don’t have any proof of income, not even bank accounts. I am working abroad and of course would sponsor them as we travel. How do I apply for them?

    Also, is medical exam required upon application?

    Hope to hear from you! Thanks.

    • Yoshke Dimen says:

      No, medical exam isn’t required.

      How old are your parents? Are they senior citizens na?

  50. Mei says:

    Hi Po, been following your posts at dami ko nakukuha tips sa travels ko and thank you so much for that.
    We have plan to visit Australia come July 2018 with my husband, our 2 yo son and 2 of my friends.
    I am currently working overseas at yung husband ko nasa Pinas ngbusiness. May business permit naman. yung questions ko po;
    1. Separate immigaccount po ba yung sa husband ko? Di ba kami pwede magfamily application? At paano yung sa anak ko.
    2. Kaka-start lng kasi nung business last year, so it will appear sa ITR nya na masyadong mababa lang binayaran nya. Makakaapekto po ba ito sa application nya? Meron naman syang DTI, Mayor’s Permit, Business Permit, sufficient naba ito or need pa talaga ITR?
    3. May invitation kami from an Australian friend (former workmate -Pinay wife and also a good friend of ours) and we will be staying in their house in Perth, but after Perth mag-Sydney kami before going back home sa Philippines. Wala ba maging problema if ang invitation sa Perth lang?
    5. What about my 2 other friends, separate po ba application nila?
    6. Mga magkano po dapat nasa saving account for sure approval for 1 week trip to Australia?

    • Yoshke Dimen says:

      1. Group applications are allowed under 1 ImmiAccount lang.

      2. Hindi naman required ang ITR. It will be helpful kung meron pero di sya required-required. Since married kayo, I think okay lang, explain mo na lang in a letter na you’re working abroad and your husband stays at home to take care of your son and a business, and that this is a family trip.

      3. Up to you if you want to mention the Sydney part. Ideally, you have to declare that, but if you do, it would be great if you can also submit your day-to-day itinerary and hotel booking in Sydney.

      5. Not sure if okay lang isama sa group application pag hindi relatives. I haven’t tried.

      6. No one knows. They don’t say that explicitly.

      • Mei says:

        Hi. Thank you po sa response. Follow-up question lang po. In the online form meron po question about National Identity Card.
        “Does this applicant have a national identity card?”
        Ano po ba ibig sabihin nito? Ibang country po na na identiry card?

        • Yoshke Dimen says:

          I don’t remember na pero I think NA lang nilagay ko dun kasi wala naman tayong national ID.

          • Mei says:

            Thank you po. What about this question?
            Non-accompanying members of the family unit
            Does the applicant have any members of their family unit not travelling to Australia who are not Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents?

            Pasensya na pero hind ko kasi macomprehend yung question.

          • Mei says:

            Thank you again. One last question po. What about this question po?
            Does the applicant have any members of their family unit not travelling to Australia who are not Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents?

          • Mei says:

            Yung Form 54 – Family Composition ay required din po ba?

  51. Jundee A Basilides says:

    Hi Sir,

    Your blog is very helpful. I used your guides sa mga trips ko abroad. Question ko lang po about Australian Visa through online application. Since walang visa stamp/sticker na bibigay ang embassy, what if let say mag apply ako ng VISA for Schengen, how will they know na nakarating na ako sa Australia? Confused lang ako. Thanks in advance po sa pagsagot.

    • Yoshke Dimen says:

      They will stamp your passport upon entering Australia naman. 🙂

      And you can also submit a copy of the visa (the letter stating you’ve been granted a visa) when you apply for Schengen visa. 🙂

  52. Elizabeth cruz says:

    I yoshke! Thank you for the blog. The family and i are planning on a trip to melbourne for my cousin’s wedding this october. May question lang po ako, invitations are already in order with my name as part of the entourage. In my passport meron akong “Ma. Elizabethl.” Pero sa NSO brth cert ko wala yung “Ma.”. ok la g ba if i submit along with my NSO birth cert yung baptismal cert and a notarized document of one and the same person? Thnak you for your reply.

  53. Aimee says:

    Hi po, My first travel was in Macau and HK. I am planning to travel again internationally in Australia using itinerary MNL-SIN-AU and going back to Manila to celebrate my birthday. But I don’t have any relative there in AU, can I ask what is second option in supporting documents for LOI? Please reply. Ty!

    • Yoshke Dimen says:

      If you don’t know anyone in Australia and you’re going there as a tourist, you don’t need to submit an LOI. If it doesn’t apply to you, don’t provide that doc.

  54. Aimee says:

    Maraming Salamat po, ano po kaya pwede Ko isubmit instead? Pwede po kaya yung mga itineraries na pupuntahan Ko na mga tourist spots? Please reply po.

    • Yoshke Dimen says:

      I’m not sure if you’ve read the post properly.

      If you’re not visiting anyone, you don’t need to provide a letter of invitation.

      And yes, you need to submit your daily itinerary if you’re applying as a tourist. It’s in the list of requirements I provided above. Please read.

  55. Ana says:

    I’m just wondering, do the documents have to be notarized or certified before submitting?
    I’m a bit confused because on their website it says:
    “Certified copies of the biographical pages of the current passport”
    “Certified copies of birth certificate”
    I don’t know what they mean by certified.

    I’m about to lodge my application, but this suddenly caught my attention. Thank you in advance for answering! 🙂

  56. kim edison says:

    Hi Sir,

    I just want to ask, Where will i submit the documents ? aside from the UPLOADED DOCUMENTS.,
    should i also need to get an appointment and submit the documents at VFS office Makati, after i fill-out my immiaccount?

    Thank you.

    • Yoshke Dimen says:

      Hi Kim. Not sure I understand your question. The application I explained above is done completely online. No need to schedule an appointment. All requirements have to be uploaded to the Immi website.

      What other documents are you referring to?

  57. red says:

    Hi Sir,

    My sister along with her husband and children is planning to apply australian visa online as a group, pwede b akong sumabay s group application nya?


  58. gab says:

    I read your article before lodging my application online, it helped me prepared for it. I just received the good news (just now!) that my visa application has been granted! I got it after 12days of waiting, 1-yr multiple entry, 3mos/entry.

      • gab says:

        Thanks! Your blog has been helpful in all my visa applications ^^,

    • nick says:

      Congrats! Did you lodge your application online? I am still waiting for my results and hopefully I’ll get a response soon.

  59. Anno says:


    I read your article and I would like to ask po, My boyfriend sent me an invitation letter which his intend for me to travel is on May 1, which is today, However hind ko pa na lodge on time sa immiaccount ko kasi po nasa province ako and ang internet coverage is very slow sometimes wala po, Can i still lodge it kahit and naka lagay sa invitation is May 1 and most probably malodge ko lahat ng documents i think bukas? please help. Thank you.

    • Anno says:

      And also this is my second time napo, first nag ask ako ng help from travel agency and i was granted single entry, then i want to try this time online application kasi ang mahal po sa agency 25K, please help. salamat po.

    • Yoshke Dimen says:

      Hi Anno, baka you can get another letter from your boyfriend. I think you can still lodge it naman but it just might raise some questions tapos mag-start ng doubt.

  60. Ghaby says:

    Hi Yoshke, I really like your post. Thank you so much. It is very helpful for my desire to visit Australia.
    Let me ask cuz I’m planning to go to Melbourne just for a week this Mid August, is my funds for 200,000 is enough for this do you think?
    And I will be doing the process this week.

    • Yoshke Dimen says:

      How long is your trip? If a few days lang, yep, enough na yan. 🙂

  61. andrea says:

    hi! how do u apply as a family? everyone should make an immi account?

    • Yoshke Dimen says:

      Kahit 1 lang ang gumawa, tapos submit as a group na. 🙂

  62. Ghaby says:

    Oh Im so happy to get a reply. Thank you soo much. I’ll be there for just a week.

    • Ghaby says:

      Hi Yoshke Dimen,

      Thank you for your time in advance. I’m currently working now with my application. I have another question. I got BIR 2307 from my employer that shows my tax charges and the amount of salary too, Do you think this is enough? An ITR cant be served instead I need to ask it from BIR with a charge.
      Secondly, do I need to notarize the documents?
      Third, My passport name is maiden, with the DFA approval, I’ve separated 9 yrs now but not yet annulled by paper, do you think, the embassy still beed to check on that? This is something to do with IDs I am submitting, both under married and maiden names .

      Thank you in advace

      • Yoshke Dimen says:


        1. I don’t know if that’s enough. Visa application approval involves a lot of factors: funds, employment, rootedness. I think if you have plenty of other proof of income/employment/rootedness, okay lang yan.

        2. There was a note that the passport copy had to be notarized when we applied. Not sure if that’s still true now. You’ll know when you begin your application. It’s usually indicated on the application dashboard. In our case, we didn’t have our docs notarized but they were accepted.

        3. Usually, a quick remedy is just submit a copy of the marriage certificate to explain the different last names. I don’t know for sure coz I haven’t experienced it.

  63. luzviminda B. Sulit says:

    what is the longest visa we can get? can we get a multiple visa say 5 years or 10 years?

    • luzviminda B. Sulit says:

      Thank you for sharing your experiences in the beautiful places in AU and how to get the AU visa, We are visiting our kids who is studying in AU this July so we are now planning to apply the Visa this June
      what is the website for the immi account. Thanks

  64. jet says:

    Hi there, help please….
    i will be traveling with my wife. I have filled up the online application and was asked for my traveling companion. I end up until i submit my application.
    but i can’t see anything on how to attach the details for my wife.
    separate ba ang application nya in a separate IMMIACCOUNT??
    kindly email me your reply. i might not be able to return to your blog site.

    maraming salamat po.

    • Yoshke Dimen says:

      Hi! Not sure exactly how to do group application because I haven’t tried it myself. I just know that it’s possible.

    • Dan anthony santos says:

      hope this will help…i was also confused with that travelling companion part….but when you click on yes and i believe it will ask you to enter the will indicate that a separate application needs to be submitted for that your case your wife..

  65. Dan anthony santos says:

    Just wanna share..since d agony of waiting for d visa is too much hehheh
    I submitted my application may 9 and just received the visa today may 18 and multiple entries was granted.
    I only have 5000aud sa bank..and hindi certified copy ang sinubmit ko.
    I only scanned my current and old passport….the rest of the documents,i only took photos /picture of long as clear naman yung copy…and screensht yung iba.maybe case to case basis.maybe ok lang kc they accepted it.

  66. Eric says:

    Wow thats helpful, so I’ll just generate bank statements from my online account. I think that would do it.

  67. Ghaby says:

    Thank you so much for the reply. As always your ideas and knowledge are a good help. More power Yoshke Dimen!!!

Leave a Reply