AirSWIFT, the Philippines’ first boutique airline, has kicked off a new route — Manila to Romblon!
For quite some time, the only way to reach Romblon is by sea. It became easier to reach when Romblon Airport (also known as Tugdan Airport or Tablas Airport) in the municipality of Alcantara opened and regular flights started operating to the province. However, the pandemic put a halt to its operations. The sea, once again, became the only mode of commercial passenger transportation available.
Fast forward to 24 September 2022: AirSWIFT had its inaugural flight! This makes traveling between Manila and Romblon much faster, easier, and more convenient again. No need to burn many hours on a ferry. This cuts the journey to roughly an hour.
As of this writing, here are the details:
- Terminal in Manila: NAIA Terminal 4
- Terminal in Romblon: Tugdan Airport (Romblon Airport) in Alcantara, Tablas Island
- Travel time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Schedule: Tuesdays and Saturdays (2x a week)
Right now, AirSWIFT has an introductory promo covering flights to Romblon. If you’re flying before the year ends, you can snag tickets for only P3,819, all-in. More info in the image below:
AirSWIFT has four types of airfare packages:
- Promo: This offers unlimited free rebooking and 7kg carry-on baggage. However, since it’s a promo, limited seats are available for this package.
- Basic: This allows rebooking 5x for free, but refunding and rerouting are not permitted. No check-in baggage allowance, but you have free 7kg for carry-on baggage.
- Value: This has 10kg check-in baggage allowance on top of the 7kg carry-on baggage. You can do rebooking 5X for free, but you can’t do rerouting.
- Premium: This has the same perks as the Value package BUT with a check-in baggage allowance of 20kg instead of just 10kg.
NOTE: When availing of the free rebooking, you must keep in mind that fare difference may apply.
AirSWIFT uses the ATR 42-600, a turboprop regional airliner manufactured by the Franco-Italian aircraft producer ATR (Avions de Transport Régional). It seats up to 50 passengers only, which means less fuss and stress at the airport, even during check-in and boarding.
For more information about AirSWIFT and to check out their flight schedule and fares, visit www.air-swift.com.
WHAT'S COVERED IN THIS GUIDE?
Top Romblon Hotels and Resorts
Here are the top Romblon hotels and resorts on Agoda. Take note of the location of these properties because the province is an archipelago and the properties below are in various islands.
- M Villa’s Farm Resort, Tablas Island. Check Rates & Availability! ✅
- Footprints Beach Resort, Tablas Island. Check Rates & Availability! ✅
- Aglicay Beach Resort, Tablas Island. Check Rates & Availability! ✅
- The Three P Beach Resort, Romblon Island. Check Rates & Availability! ✅
- Coco Cabana, Romblon Island. Check Rates & Availability! ✅
- The Beach House, Carabao Island. Check Rates & Availability! ✅
- Oceans Edge Resort, Carabao Island. Check Rates & Availability! ✅
- Lanas Beach Resort, Carabao Island. Check Rates & Availability! ✅
- Sanctuary Garden Resort, Sibuyan Island. Check Rates & Availability! ✅
Search for more Romblon Hotels!
Written by: Asta Alvarez
Photos by: Yosh Dimen
Disc: We were lucky and honored to be invited by the Department of Tourism (DOT) – MIMAROPA to celebrate the occasion with AirSWIFT and the people of Romblon. The event and succeeding tour was organized by AirSWIFT.