Okay, first things first: Tokyo Disney Resort is not in Tokyo. Surprise!
Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea are located in the city of Urayasu in the Chiba Prefecture. Thankfully, Urayasu lies just next to Tokyo, which makes it easily accessible for tourists staying in the capital.
The nearest train station to the Disney Resort is the Maihama Station, served by JR’s Keiyo and Musashino Lines. From here, you have two options:
- Walk. Disneyland is just 500m from Maihama Station. After emerging from the station, if you’re going to Disneyland, you just need to turn right, follow the signs and you’ll be there in 6 minutes. That’s how close it is. No sweat. If you’re going to DisneySea, after exiting Maihama Station, you just need to turn left and you’ll be there after walking for 15-20 minutes.
- Take the monorail. The Resort Gateway Station of the Disney Resort Line is just next to Maihama Station. Fare is ¥260 for adults and ¥130 for children.
Now all you need to figure out is how to get to Maihama Station. The cheapest and easiest way to reach the Disney Resort is by train. Here’s how to reach it from different areas in and around Tokyo.
Note: These are the easiest, least tiring routes because they involve the least transfers, not necessarily the fastest or the cheapest. You can get more options by using Hyperdia.
WHAT'S COVERED IN THIS GUIDE?
From Tokyo Station
- Take the JR Keiyo Line bound for SOGA, KAIHIMMAKUHARI, or KAZUSA-ICHINOMIYA. Alternatively, you may also take the JR Musashino Line bound for FUCHUHOMMACHI
- Alight at Maihama Station.
Travel time: 16 minutes.
From Shinjuku Station
- Take the JR Chuo Line bound for TOKYO.
- Alight at Tokyo Station.
- Switch to JR Keiyo Line bound for SOGA.
- Alight at Maihama Station.
Travel time: Around 45 minutes.
From Ueno Station
- Take the Tokyo Metro Hibiya Line bound for NAKA-MEGURO.
- Alight at HATCHOBORI (TOKYO) Station. Fare: ¥170.
- Switch to JR Musashino Line for bound for FUCHUHOMMACHI.
- Alight at Maihama Station. Fare: ¥220.
Travel time: Around 35 minutes.
Total Fare: ¥390.
From Narita Airport
- Take the Keisei Narita Sky Access Express bound for HANEDA AIRPORT DOMESTIC TERMINAL.
- Alight at HIGASHI-MATSUDO Station. Fare: ¥940.
- Switch to JR Musashino Line bound for TOKYO.
- Alight at Maihama Station. Fare: ¥310.
Travel time: Around 66 minutes.
Total Fare: ¥1250.
From Haneda International Airport
- Take the Tokyo Monorail Rapid bound for HAMAMATSUCHO.
- Alight at TENNOZU-ISLE Station. Fare: ¥490.
- Switch to Rinkai Line bound for SHIN-KIBA.
- Alight at SHIN-KIBA Station. Fare: ¥330.
- Switch to JR Keiyo Line bound for SOGA or KAIHIMMAKUHARI.
- Alight at MAIHAMA Station. Fare: ¥160.
Travel time: Around 50 minutes.
Total Fare: ¥980.
Related Post: Tokyo Disney Resort Travel Guide
Top Budget Hotels in Tokyo
Tokyo Hotel Horidome Villa
Tokyo Kiba Hotel
Agora Place Asakusa
Top Hostels in Tokyo
Emblem Hostel Nishiarai
Space Hostel Tokyo
Oak Hostel Zen
Khaosan Tokyo Kabuki
Search for more: Tokyo Hotels
2️⃣0️⃣1️⃣9️⃣ • 3️⃣ • 2️⃣4️⃣ (updated)
2️⃣0️⃣1️⃣7️⃣ • 5️⃣ • 2️⃣0️⃣ (first up)