Applying for a South Korean visa in Cebu is not that different from that in Manila. The required documents are exactly the same. The only difference is in the actual lodging of the application at the consular office and the length of the processing time.

A friend very recently applied for a South Korean visa in Cebu and we asked her to document every step of the way, so now we’re sharing it with you. Here goes.

Note: The Korean Consulate in Cebu is not affected by the changes involving embassy-designated travel agencies. The consulate will continue accepting walk-in applications directly. However, if you prefer to apply via travel agency for whatever reason, you may do so. For that, read this instead: NEW KOREAN VISA APPLICATION PROCEDURE.

1. Gather all basic requirements.

The set of requirements varies according to the applicant’s employment status. In this post, we will only tackle the four most common types of applicants: employees, self-employed, housewives, and students. The list follows a certain order, but for the purpose of this article (and so you would easily understand the process), let’s break it down to basic, financial, and OECD documents.

Here are the basic requirements regardless of your employment status. Meaning, ALL applicants MUST have the following:

1. Duly accomplished application form. Download here. You can also find it below.
  2. Passport (must still be valid for at least 6 months)
  3. Photocopy of the passport Bio page (Page 2)
  4. 1 passport size colored photo
  5. If invited by a Korean: an Invitation letter and a copy of the inviter’s passport. (Ignore if not applicable.)

KOREA Application Form PDF

The Section 2 of the application form calls for details of Visa Issuance Confirmation. This section is only for those with a document called “Confirmation of Visa Issuance.” Many people think it refers to previous Korean visas; NO, IT DOESN’T. The “Visa Issuance Confirmation” is a completely different document, usually issued in Korea.

2. Complete financial and employment documents.

For Employees

1. Certificate of Employment. Must be original; and must have the address of the employer, the landline number and email address of employer’s HR department, applicant’s position, date hired, and compensation. Mobile number is not allowed.
  2. Original Personal Bank Certificate. Must include account type, current balance, account opening date, ADB.
  3. Original or certified true copy of bank statements/passbook covering the last 3 months.
  4. ITR (Income Tax Return) or Form 2316.
  5. Copy of PRC Card or IBP Card (If applicable only)

For Self-Employed

1. Photocopy of Business registration form from DTI or SEC
  2. Photocopy of Business permit or Mayor’s permit
  3. Photocopy of ITR (Income Tax Return) or Form 2316 with corresponding payment receipt from BIR authorized bank
  4. Original Personal Bank Certificate. Must include account type, current balance, account opening date, ADB.
  5. Original or certified true copy of bank statements/passbook covering the last 3 months.
  6. Copy of PRC Card or IBP Card (If applicable only)

For Housewives

1. Your own or your husband’s original Bank Certificate. Must include account type, current balance, account opening date, ADB.
  2. Your own or your husband’s Bank Statement. Original or certified true copy of bank statements/passbook for the last 3 months.
  3. If husband is employed
    – Husband’s Original Certificate of Employment. Must be original; and must have the address of the employer, the landline number and email address of employer’s HR department, applicant’s position, date hired, and compensation. Mobile number is not allowed.
    – Copy of ITR (Income Tax Return) or Form 2316 Copy.
  4. If husband is self-employed
    – Copy of husband’s Business Registration from SEC or DTI
    – Copy of husband’s Business Permit or Mayor’s Permit(Copy)
    – Photocopy of husband’s ITR (Income Tax Return) or Form 2316 with corresponding payment receipt from BIR authorized bank
  5. Photocopy of NSO Marriage Certificate

For Students

1. Original School Certificate
  2. Photocopy of School ID
  3. Photocopy of NSO Birth Certificate of applicant
  4. If parents are employed
    – Parents’ Original Certificate of Employment. Must be original; and must have the address of the employer, the landline number and email address of employer’s HR department, applicant’s position, date hired, and compensation. Mobile number is not allowed.
    – Copy of ITR (Income Tax Return) or Form 2316 Copy
  5. If parents are self-employed
    – Copy of parents’ Business Registration from SEC or DTI
    – Copy of parents’ Business Permit or Mayor’s Permit(Copy)
    – Photocopy of parents’ ITR (Income Tax Return) or Form 2316 with corresponding payment receipt from BIR authorized bank
  6. Parents’ Original Bank Certificate. Must include account type, current balance, account opening date, ADB.
  7. Parents’ Bank Statement. Original or certified true copy of bank statements/passbook for the last 3 months.
  8. Copy of parents’ marriage certificate.

UPDATE! (March 2018): The embassy has announced that starting 26 March 2018, first-time travelers who have NOT been to any OECD country as a tourist within the last 5 years must submit the following::

• Starting July 1, 2018. The company alphalist is no longer required. However, it may be requested as additional document for some applicants.
  • For Employees applying before July 1, 2018, you must submit ITR with BIR Received or BIR Certified True Copy Stamp + Copy of Alpha List with BIR Received Stamp. You must highlight your name on the alpha list. If you cannot submit company alphalist for whatever reason (usually, confidentiality issue), you can ask your company to write a letter of explanation and submit that. However, according to the embassy, there may be disadvantage in visa approval for those who fails to submit. But this is the best you can do in this case.
  • For Self-Employed, BIR Form with Corresponding Payment Receipt from a BIR-authorized bank.

If you’re a freelancer, read: Korea Visa FAQs

3. Photocopy all your OECD Visas

Only if you have them. If you don’t have any, skip this part.

What’s OECD, you ask? It’s the¬†Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. To see all the member countries of this organization, visit this website.

If you have been granted a visa for any OECD country, you need to submit both the ORIGINAL copy AND a photocopy of it. If you have multiple, submit them all. Although this does NOT GUARANTEE approval, it gives you better chances.

Submission of ITR is waived for applicants who have traveled to South Korea more than 2x within the last 4 years and applicants who have traveled at least once to any OECD country within the last 5 years. This is according to Constellation Travels, which is an official embassy-designated travel agency.

4. Submit the documents to the Korean Consulate in Cebu.

Once you have completed all the requirements, it’s time to go the consular office. They entertain visa applications Mondays-Fridays 9am-11am only. Closed on weekends and holidays. If you’re not from Cebu but traveling there to apply, note that there may be local holidays so double check before going.

Also, Bring 2 valid IDs aside from your passport. I’ll explain why later.

Here’s the address:

KOREAN CONSULATE IN CEBU
12th Floor Chinabank Corporate Center, Lot 2, Samar Loop Cor. Road 5, Cebu Business Park, Mabolo, Cebu City
Email Address: phi_cebu2015@mofa.go.kr
Contact No.: (63-32) 231-1516(-9)

Here’s how to lodge your application:

• When you reach the lobby of Chinabank Corporate Center, approach the concierge, sign in, and leave an ID.
  • Take the elevator to the 12th floor.
  • Walk to your right. A guard will inspect your bag again. You will then be asked for another ID, which is why you should bring 2 IDs. The camera on your phone will be covered with a sticker. You will then be given a number and a list of documents (depending on your employment status).
  • Arrange your documents according to that list.
  • When your number is called, approach the VISA window (the one closest to the entrance) and hand over all the requirements. The officer will check each document and briefly assess it. If something’s not right or insufficient, all your documents will be handed back to you (so make sure they’re complete and correct).
  • If the officer finds your pile satisfactory, you’ll be given a slip indicating the date and time of passport pick-up.

Visa Processing Schedule:
Mondays-Fridays 9am-11am only

Visa Fees:
FREE for stays shorter than 59
P1350 for 60-90-day stays

Processing time:
7 working days. Unlike in Manila, OECD visas don’t have any effect on the processing time. It’s always 7 days.

5. Pick up your passport on the scheduled date of release.

Return to the embassy on the date indicated on the slip given to you and claim your passpport, hopefully it has a visa affixed to it.

Releasing of visa schedule:
Monday-Friday 2pm-4pm

Before leaving the counter, double check that your name, passport number, and other details are CORRECT to avoid troubles in the future.

If you have more questions, we answered frequently asked questions here: Korea Visa FAQs

For more information about Korean visa applications, contact or visit the official website of the Korean Embassy. While we always try to keep this post updated, always double check with the embassy.

Latest posts by Yoshke Dimen (see all)

Comments

Not sure if I understand your question correctly, but the visa is valid for 90 days after the issue date.

• Bernarda B. Villanueva says:

Hello po. I just want to ask if my son can submit my application for the issuance of south korea visa with attached requirements ? If he can, is an authority to submit required? Thank you!

• Bernarda B. Villanueva says:

I just want to know how pages the application for south korea visa becase when i downloaded one it is composed of five (5) pages while the other application i downloaded it is composed of one (1) page. My question is what will i submit the 5 pages or 1 page. Please!!! Thank You.

1. Chim says:

Hi!:) I have some questions, is it okay to put “NA” for the fields that I don’t need to answer?
    In the Application Form (10.2) Funding Details, how would I answer the questions if it’s going to be me who will pay for it?hihi

• Christine says:

Hello,madali lang po ba pag or process ng Korean tourist visa oat my old Japan tourist visa ako Sir? At Hindi po ako nag wwork sa company.meron ako online business at pinapadalan Lang ako every month ng fiance ko from Japan pls help me po gusto ko talaga mka punta ng korea nag pplan din ako mag apply nang visa next year march 2019 po

May papers ka ba nung online business? Business registration? If meron, pwede yun. APply ka as self-employed.

If wala, dun medyo mahihirapan. Pero you can try submitting other proof nung online business like invoices, kung meron, tapos gawa ka letter to explain. Pero di guarantee yun.

2. ZIGGY says:

HELLO PO. I WOULD LIKE TO PASS PERSONAL SA CEBU BUT UNFORTUNATELY HINDI KO NA SIGURO MAABUTAN ANG RELEASING PO. PWEDE KAYA IBA ANG PAPAKUHA KO?LIKE RELATIVES KO SA CEBU KASI HNDI AKO TAGA CEBU. MAY IDEA PO KAYO REGARDING SA GANITONG SITUATION? THANKS PO

Hi Ziggy, sa Manila, I was told ng staff na if someone else would pick it up, just bring an authorization letter plus ID ng kukuha.

I guess same lang din sa Cebu. Just make sure nasa authorization letter ang details ng pipickup.

3. ELLA says:

Would it be okay if the amount of money in the bank is not 50k up? Thank you.

4. sarah says:

Hii!

What if i’m traveling with my other 3 family members (my mom, sis and bro) , would it be okay to present one bank account for the four of us? Or they require one each? My mom is a widow and unemployed. My sister is a student, on the other hand my brother is employed.

Hi Sarah. Ang alam ko, pwede naman as long as may sufficient funds ung account. (Kung ano yung sufficient, di natin alam. Pero a good rule is P10,000 per day. So since apat kayo, i-multiply by four nyo na lang. It’s not the official rule, just something I follow personally.)

Pero kahit once account lang, baka kailangan pa rin ng separate copies of the same bank statement/certificate. Not sure about this though.

5. Glaiza says:

Hi..
    what if po ma deny yong visa how many days po bago mka apply ulit?tia

6. LadyHalk says:

I already booked the ticket a month ago without checking the requirements for the Visa Application.
    My bad, i know.
    I bought for our Yaya since we are bringing our 1yo with us.
    Now that i got the time to check—For item 7, she will be under OTHER which will be Carer or Nanny.
    What other supporting doc will be asked from her? Since Financial and Employment docs would not be applicable.
    Would you know if the BASIC Reqs would suffice?
    We brought her with us several times already to SG and HK.
    Need i ask for a Sponsor Letter?

thanks in advance

7. ana says:

Hi regarding the new requirements Company alphalist, what if the company cannot provide it?

• Jane says:

This is my question too. How did you get your Company Alphalist by the way, Yosh?
      Thanks for answering.

Hi Jane and Ana, according to the embassy, “If the applicant cannot submit company alphalist, submit letter of explanation. However, there may be disadvantage in visa approval for those who fails to submit.”

We updated na rin the post to include this. :)

8. Vina says:

Ask ko lang kung pede padin ako mag apply ng korean visa sa pinas kahit rejected ako dito sa dubai.

9. pepper says:

hello :) what if I only have one valid ID? since I’m still a student. would they allow me to enter pa din?

10. Yen says:

Hi ..ask ko lang if ok lang bah family related yong magpass nang requirements?

11. sai says:

what if wala akong itr at wala din aqng alphalist? ggawa ba aq ng letter explaining each or in 1 letter lang ang dalawa? tnx

12. Jane says:

Would you know if the Transmittal Form from BIR suffice if we can’t provide for Company Alphalist?

13. anon says:

What is the Form 1604? Is it the company alphalist? What if my company won’t release the company alphalist due to Data Privacy Act? Are the chances of visa approval still low? Thank you.

14. Joan says:

Hi.
    I would like to ask my chances to get a Korean visa. I am currently unemployed… i have a bank account…Me and fiance plan naming magtravel sa December to celebrate Christmas (2018) together mga 10 days siguro. as we did in the year 2015 (Malaysia) 2016 (Singapore) 2017 Taiwan. Pero sa Korea Airport kaming magmemeet since galing sya sa Germany ako Naman sa Philippines. May chances po ba ako makakuha ng visa?

Hi Joan, if unemployed, mahihirapan talaga maapprove ung visa.

15. Yvonne says:

Hi.. I hope this helps, korea embassy in cebu still accepts walk in application. Ung effective july 1 na dapat sa agency na mag apply ay sa manila lang po un affected na embassy due to increasing number of applicants. Sa cebu po walang masyadong tao… Thanks

16. Mei says:

Hi, tanong lang po. Say, i have about 60-100k in my bank account, however in my coe appeared that my monthly gross salary is only about 15k, same will appear in the ITR. May chance po ba na ma-approve visa ko?

May chance pa rin naman. Ilang days yung trip? If konting days lang, pwede pa rin. Just make sure lang na complete ang documents and maestablish na stable naman ang employment. :)

17. Leigh says:

Hi po, I’m a graduating student and fortunately my aunt will sponsor me on this trip. My concern is instead of my parents bank account and bank statement okay lang ba na sa aunt na lang ang ipapakita ko who is from Canada since siya naman ang gagastos sa akin. ?

Hi Leigh. Not sure, ang alam ko pwede naman. Just prove na lang the relationship by submitting birth certificate mo, ng nanay mo, and ng aunt mo to show na related kayo.

18. Reynaldo Pena says:

Good morning po , magrenew lang po ng visa diyan sa Cebu, ok lang po handwritten thanks po
    ilang days po renewal taga cavite po ako , may company travel po ako diyan salamat po

19. Gloria Alvarez says:

Hello po, I am a senior citizen planning to go to South Korea on Sept 28, 2018 and coming back on Oct. 2, 2018 to attend a convention. Do I have to submit my ITR?

Hi! Yes po. Yung retired lang po na seniors yung exempted, I think.

20. Troy says:

Hello!

For the form 2316, it requires “BIR received” stamp. Will they accept my ITR which I got from my office? It doesn’t have stamp or anything on it.

21. Jade says:

Hi can I ask what should I choose between the choices?
    My Korean boyfriend invite me to go to Korea and I am still a university student what should I choose student application visa?
    But I haven’t graduate.

I’m not sure I understand your question well, but if what you’re trying to say is you want to visit your boyfriend, apply for a short-term visit visa and submit requirements for students as listed above.

22. Cath says:

Hi po, what if wala pong bank account kasi sponsored lang kasi ng friend kong korean? And one thing po, part time teacher lang ako sa isang public school, and my salary is not that much unlike sa mga regular teachers na, pwede po ba yun? yung korean friend ko lang ang magbabayad lahat ng expenses. Thank you

Hi Cath, kahit na sponsored, they will still ask for your own bank documents eh.

23. Darn says:

Hi po, ask ko lang po. Nag apply ng tourist visa dito sa Manila and got denied. Pwede po bang mag apply again sa Cebu na di mag hintay ng 6months ? May nabasa po kasi akong blog na they accept even got denied here in Manila. Thank you in advance.

Hi Darn! Yep, may mga readers kami na gumawa na nun and naapprove. Just be sure to provide additional supporting docs.

24. Borge says:

Hi Yoshke. I’m an OFW here in China. Can i use my China bank account when I apply for a visa in Cebu? Also, I do not have an ITR. Will a letter of explanation be enough to suffice the requirements?

Hi Borge, naku, I’m not really sure kapag OFW. My guess is pwede naman. Dun sa ITR, you can submit ung tax document na equivalent ng ITR dyan sa China. And yes, submit a cover letter too to explain.

But again, this is just a hunch. Best to consult a travel agency to be sure.

25. jessica says:

Hi Yoshke. Thanks for your blog, it really helped with my Korean visa application last year and this year. Anyway, I just want to ask if you have any idea if i can still apply for a another visa this year? I went to Korea last month (visa valid sep 4 – dec 4 2018) and would like to go back this December. Thank You :)

Hi Jessica, yes, you can apply again basta used mo na ung past visa mo. :)

26. Lav Gaudan says:

Hi Yoshke, do you have any idea if the consulate in Cebu also honors the promo for BPI and BDO gold CC holders? Thank you. :)

27. Kim says:

Hi my friend was denied of visa in Korea with information given(your purpose of entry has not been exolain in details) reason na denied..pwede pa kaya sya mag appeal provided details sa details.. appeal letter…complete nan lakat un docs nya at may US at japan visa sya before..may itinerary nm na kasama yn application..pwede kaya sa cebu korean embassy thru travel agency?or need nya magpunta at mag walk in? 2weeks na lng alis namin kaya may option kaya yn?denied dito sa manila korea embassy pero pag mag appeal sa cebu daw kasi sa bgc manika di allow.thank u for your insights..badly needed suggestions

Hi Kim, you can reapply at Cebu consulate. Via travel agency is okay, provided that you address their reason for denial by submitting additional relevant documents. A lot of our readers have done it and got approved in Cebu.

28. Gess says:

Hello.. do they have LbC service? Cause we live in leyte.. we were thinking that we would apply visa personally then ipaLBC nlang nila sa address namin after maprocess ng consulate ang visa namin.

29. Meg Etzel says:

Hi there!
    I have been to Korea last 2015 and to 2 OECD countries namely Japan and Australia last March and August this year, respectively; visa and passport used were with my maiden name. However, I got married last January this year and had just renewed my passport last September with my married name. My concern is I am still using my maiden name on my business permits and ITR since 2016. I have 2 bank accounts in which are with my maiden and married name. Will be an affidavit of explanation suffice? I am planning to apply for a visa next month.
    Please enlighten me.
    Thanks and kind regards,
    Meg

Hi Meg, not sure if it’s enough, but I think yep Affidavit of Explanation and Marriage Certificate would certainly help.