Last updated: 15 OCTOBER 2021
Travel restrictions in the Philippines have started to ease after months of lockdown, and one of the popular destinations to reopen is Siargao, the surfing capital in the Philippines.
But not all types of travelers are accepted. A different set of requirements apply to each type, too.
As of this writing, domestic tourists are allowed except those coming from areas under MECQ status (Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine).
In addition, the following have also been allowed to enter Surigao del Norte (and Siargao Island) on a point-to-point basis.
- Minors 17 or below
- Fully vaccinated senior citizens (66 years old or above)
- Fully vaccinated travelers with immunodeficiencies, co-morbidities, or other health risks
- Fully vaccinated pregnant women
If you fall under #2, #3, or #4 above, remember to attach a copy of your vaccination card when applying for an S-Pass Travel Coordination Permit (TCP), which is one of the requirements.
Health and safety protocols remain in place.
If you are planning to make a trip to Siargao soon, here are the travel requirements you have to secure before you go and present upon arrival on the island.
WHAT'S COVERED IN THIS GUIDE?
For Walk-in Tourists
❗️ You need to email these documents to a day before your trip to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval.
- Negative RT-PCR swab/saliva test result, taken within 48 hours before the arrival to the province. All costs of the tests shall be shouldered by the tourist.
- Valid Identification Card or a government-issued ID, showing address
- Confirmed Accommodation Booking. Tourists are required to have a confirmed booking for at least 2 nights at an authorized resort, hotel or hostel. Make sure to book an accommodation establishment with a Certificate of Authority to Operate (CAO) from the Department of Tourism (DOT).
- S-Pass Travel Coordination Permit (TCP). More info about S-Pass here.
For Tourists Invited by a Surigao del Norte Local
❗️ Email the following requirements for approval A DAY before your travel date to email@example.com.
- Negative RT-PCR swab or saliva test result, taken within 48 hours before the arrival to the province. All costs of the tests shall be shouldered by the tourist.
- Valid Identification Card or a government-issued ID, with address
- Travel Certification issued by the Mayor of the destination to be visited
- Travel Coordination Permit (TCP) via S-Pass. More info about S-Pass here.
For Surigao del Norte Residents
- Negative RT-PCR swab or saliva test result released within 48 hours prior to the date of arrival to the province.
- Valid ID showing proof of residence in Surigao del Norte (e.g. Certificate of residency).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do minors need to submit negative COVID-19 test result?
According to the Siargao Tourist Assistance Center, as of October 15, “Children 17 years old and below are exempted from RT-PCR Test (both swab and saliva samples)”.
How can I contact the Siargao Tourism officials?
Here are the phone numbers and email addresses of the provincial and municipal tourism authorities in Surigao del Norte, as published by the Siargao Tourism Assistance Center.
- List of DOT-Accredited Siargao Resorts and Hotels
- Siargao Resorts and Hotels
- Siargao Land Tour
- Siargao 3 Islands Tour
- Sohoton Cove & 3 Islands Tour
2020 • 12 • 9
This is a very informative post. I just have a question regarding the travel itinerary, should it be provided by a accreditted agency? Or I can present a DIY travel itinerary? Thank you so much.
question: will they allow unvaccinated persons as long as they have a negative rtpcr result? is saliva rtpcr accepted too?