Published: September 2011
I had never been on a cruise before. I had traveled by ship many times — to General Santos City, to Puerto Princesa, to Calapan, Mindoro. Although I enjoyed these journeys very much, I had never experienced being on board a cruise ship, with many luxurious amenities. That’s why I was thrilled when I received an invitation from Airphil Express to try their newest travel package — Fly and Sail!
The Philippines’ fastest growing airline, Airphil Express partners with another travel giant — Star Cruises. Together, they created a package that made the “cruise experience” a lot more affordable, thus closer to many people. FLY AND SAIL offers a double adventure! You fly to Singapore via Airphil Express and then hop onto SuperStar Virgo and cruise to Malaysia! You may choose which Malaysian destination to visit — Malacca, Redang Island, or Port Klang (gateway to Kuala Lumpur).
Their lowest offer is only P24,888! ALL IN! Enjoy four days and 3 nights (4D/3N) of island adventure, sightseeing or shopping in Singapore and Malaysia! Here are the other options:
Packages are inclusive of the following:
- Roundtrip airfare (Manila-Singapore-Manila) including fuel surcharge
- 3D/2N accommodation aboard Star Cruises’ Superstar Virgo
- Overnight accommodation at Oasis Hotel or Fragrance Rose (first night)
- Transfers (Airport-hotel-port-airport)
- All access to Superstar Virgo’s facilities and live entertainment
- Meals on board (up to 6 meals per day at selected restaurants)
- Philippine and Singapore taxes
Travel period: August 23, 2011 – March 13, 2012
Selling period: August 10-September 20, 2011
I think it’s a very good deal! Looking at my previous Singapore trip where I spent almost P16,000 for 4 days and 3 nights, I think this package is a steal! Note that I stayed at a hostel the last time I was in SG. APX’s Fly and Sail offers not just stay in Singapore but also Malaysia, via cruise ship! Sweet!
- Flight to Singapore, passengers check-in at NAIA Terminal 3 via 2P 800 ETD 1650H
- Arrival in Singapore ETA 2020H, a Singapore Guide will meet them at the airport and proceed to their transfers
- Passengers will be transferred via coach to either Fragrance Hotel Rose or Oasis for their overnight Accommodation
- Free time in the morning
- 1200H check-out from the hotel
- 1230H Pick-Up time for transfers from Hotel to Sentosa Port via coach to await check-in time for the Cruise
- Check-in time for Cruise will depend on the destination of the Cruise
- Departure of Cruise Ship from Sentosa port
- 0700H ETA at the destination of the Cruise, passengers may avail of the optional tour offered on board. Charges for the tour is on personal account of the passengers.
- Should passengers avail of the tour, they have to be on board by 1700H – Cruise Ship leaves for Singapore
- 1300H ETA at Sentosa Port, Singapore
- A guide will meet the passengers at the port for their transfer to Airport – Check-in for their flight back to Manila via 2P 801 ETD 2050H
It was my third time in Singapore; I was just there the month before. But I had never been to Malaysia before. And that’s another thing I was really looking forward to. I will be sharing all the fun that I had on this trip with all of you in my next posts! Read on!