HOW TO APPLY for a SOUTH KOREA VISA in MANILA 2018

This is a visa guide for tourists planning to apply in Manila. If it’s more convenient, you can also apply in Cebu. Here’s the process: How to Apply for Korean Visa in Cebu. Last updated: February 2018.

South Korea is a dream destination to many Filipinos. Thanks to the advent of K-Pop, the rise of koreanovelas, and the flourishing of the Korean diaspora in the Philippines.

I have made good friends with a number of Koreans over the years: classmates, workmates, bosses. And all of them have brought with them great tales about their homeland, putting South Korea on my travel map. But it wasn’t until this month that I was finally able to make this trip a reality.

Visa applications can be intimidating to many, especially first-timers. While you may hire a travel agency to do this, I strongly advise you against it because you can easily do it yourself. The truth is, it is a very simple process. Getting a Korean visa is easy, fast, and FREE.

Here’s a quick step-by-step guide on how to acquire a tourist visa from the Korean Embassy on your own.

Korea Visa Application Form

List of Korean Visa Requirements

Below are the basic requirements.

1. Duly accomplished application form. Download here. You can also find it below.
  2. 1 passport size colored photo
  3. Passport (must still be valid for at least 6 months)
  4. Photocopy of the passport Bio page (Page 2)
  5. Photocopy of all your OECD Visas (If You Have Them). Only if you have them. If you don’t, skip this part. If you have visas to any member country of the  Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), you will need to submit the ORIGINAL copy and a photocopy of all of them. (Past Korean visas are not counted.) To see all the OECD member countries, visit this website.
  6. If invited by a Korean: an Invitation letter and a copy of the inviter’s passport. (Ignore if not applicable.)

In addition, you will need to prove that you can support the trip. Here are the additional documents you need to secure according to your employment status.

A. FOR EMPLOYEES

1. Certificate of Employment. Must be original; and must have the address of the employer, the landline number and email address of employer’s HR department, applicant’s position, date hired, and compensation.
  2. Original Personal Bank Certificate. Must include account type, current balance, account opening date, ADB.
  3. Original or certified true copy of bank statements/passbook covering the last 3 months.
  4. Photocopy of ITR (Income Tax Return) or Form 2316

B. FOR SELF-EMPLOYED

1. Photocopy of Business registration form from DTI or SEC
  2. Photocopy of Business permit or Mayor’s permit
  3. Photocopy of ITR
  4. Original Personal Bank Certificate

C. FOR HOUSEWIVES

1. Husband’s Original Bank Certificate
  2. Husband’s Original Certificate of Employment
  3. Photocopy of husband’s ITR
  4. Photocopy of NSO Marriage Certificate

D. FOR STUDENTS

1. Parents’ Original Bank Certificate
  2. Parents’ Original Certificate of Employment  or Photocopy of parents’ SEC/DTI Permit and Mayor’s Permit (whichever is applicable).
  3. Photocopy of ITR of parents
  4. Photocopy of NSO Birth Certificate of applicant
  5. Photocopy of School ID
  6. Original School Certificate

Note regarding the ITR/Form 2316: Although there have been cases wherein ITR photocopies are accepted even if they are not authenticated or notarized, to be on the safe side, it would be best to submit ANY of the following:

• ITR with BIR Received or BIR Certified True Copy Stamp
  • Copy of Alphalist with BIR Stamp
  • Copy of NOTARIZED Sworn Declaration, Transmittal Form with BIR Stamp submitted by company to BIR

Frequent travelers who have been to OECD member countries within the past 5 years are also exempted from submitting ITR. However, I’m not sure how they define “frequent travelers” or how many OECD visas would it take to qualify as a frequent traveler.

If you’re a freelancer, read: Korea Visa FAQs

The guards at Gyeongbokgung Palace gate
The guards at Gyeongbokgung Palace gate

How to Apply for a Korean Visa

Complete all the requirements.

Make sure you have gathered all the requirements listed above.

The list follows a certain order. The basic requirements first, then photocopy of OECD visas, then the financial/employment documents, and lastly the invitation letter or cover letter if you have it.

You will also be given the list when you enter the embassy, so you can rearrange the docs on the spot.

Submit the documents to the Korean Embassy.

Now that you have all the required documents, it’s time for a visit to the embassy. You just need to go to the embassy or consulate, get a number, and wait several minutes.

Here are their addresses:

KOREAN EMBASSY IN MANILA
122 Upper McKinley Road, McKinley Town Center, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig city 1634, Philippines
Email Address: ph04@mofa.go.kr
Contact No.: (63-2) 856-9210 visa local no. 270, 500

At the Embassy in Manila, this is how the process goes:

1. Register and leave an ID at the guard’s station before entering the consular center.
  2. Once inside, get a number from the personnel stationed by the door. He will check if you have all the docs. If he’s satisfied, he will give you a number.
  3. Wait for your number to be called. Note that there are separate windows for those with and without past OECD visas.
  4. Once called, the staff will double check the requirements and ask you questions. After that, they will give you a slip of paper with the DATE OF RELEASE in it.
  5. Smile. You’re done.

IMPORTANT! Schedule of application in Manila: Monday-Friday 08:30am-11am only

However, come as early as you can. When there are too many applicants, the embassy stops accepting applications earlier than usual.

Visa Fees:
FREE for stays shorter than 59
P1350 for 60-90-day stays

Processing time:
3 working days – for those applying in Manila with OECD tourist visas within the past 5 years.
5 working days – for those applying in Manila without OECD visas

Claim your visa on the scheduled date of release.

Return to the embassy on the date indicated in the form given to you.

Releasing of visa schedule: Monday-Friday 1:30pm-4pm

Before leaving the counter, double check that your name, passport number, and other details are CORRECT to avoid troubles in the future.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

How early can I apply for a South Korea Visa?

So that means, you can apply as early as 3 months (90 days) before your departure date.

How long would I be allowed to stay in Korea?

59 days, if you’re granted a regular tourist visa.

You can apply for a longer stay but you must be able to justify that.

Do I need to book flights and hotels before applying?

No. They’re not required. I’ve tried submitting these before, but they removed it from the pile.

Do I need a travel agency for this?

You can work on the application yourself. It’s easy, fast, and free. However, if for whatever reason this isn’t a practical option — you live in the province, you just can’t spare a working day for this — by all means, find a travel agency. Just remember that they will charge you a service fee (usually somewhere between P1000 and P2000).

The travel agency we usually work with is Gazelle Travel and Tours, a DOT-accredited firm. They actually became our go-to agency for Schengen visa requirements, but they offer Korean visa assistance too for P700. Email them at travelbookings@1gazelle.com.

What is the Visa Issuance Confirmation in the Section 2 of the Application Form?

The Section 2 of the application form calls for details of Visa Issuance Confirmation. This section is only for those with a document called “Confirmation of Visa Issuance.” Many people think it refers to previous Korean visas; NO, IT DOESN’T. The “Visa Issuance Confirmation” is a completely different document, usually issued in Korea.

If my application is denied, can I apply again?

Yes, but only after 6 months.

What does a South Korea visa look like?

Like this:

Good luck! Enjoy South Korea!

If you have more questions, we answered more frequently asked questions here: Korea Visa FAQs

For more information about Korean visa applications, contact or visit the official website of the Korean Embassy in Manila.

Comment via Facebook

Comments

1. Judith Arsenio says:

Hi…it says here that the applicant must come personally to embassy for the application…wla ba silang pareho sa Australian embassy na pwd thru courier pagpadala f from province ang applicant?

• yoshke says:

Hi Joseline. They don’t say exactly, but I believe that having a full-time employment and the length of stay weigh more than the bank certificate. A weekend getaway should not call for massive funds, but they will be looking at whether or not you have reason to return to PH (a job or a business).

2. Aikee Nicosa says:

ano minimum required amount dun sa ITR at sa bank certificate? para dn kung sakali gusto umapply eh alam na na pwede kami mkakuha ng visa. from province pa naman dn kami

3. Mary Frances Baclayo Almonia says:

I think i can do it myself…
    🙂

• lovely lagasca yabut says:

thank you so much for this, maybe by this time i can see you korea hehe soon

• KJ says:

You can’t enter the country without the visa. Also, it’s not a good idea to get the ticket first due to the possibility of your visa application getting rejected.

• Enchong says:

Hello ask ko lang po papano yung Original Personal Bank Certificate (must include account type, current balance, account opening
        Hindi malakiyung pera nakalagay po tapos kasi palagiko na wewedro lahat ng pera pinapadala sa akin ngayon augs ang po ako nag simula na mag pon sa bank ko pwde ba yung bank statements na lang po sadmit??

4. Ella Villanueva Padilla says:

hi i wanna ask if same din ang procedure to get a visa even if sa hongkong ako mangga2ling going to korea?

pwede ba kumuha ng visa sa korean embassy sa hk ang ofw or need tlga na sa pinas lng pwde mnggaling ung visa?

and aside sa cert of employment eh acceptable po ba ang copy of pay slip pag ofw k? i hope somebody could give me some info.. Thank you so much!!!!!

5. JB says:

Hi, for 2 – A, is it any of the three, or all three should be submitted? Thank you.

6. Rory Magpayo says:

Serious question – I’m a US citizen but would like to bring some friends from the Phils when I go to Korea for vacation. They are musicians so not necessarily self-employed, meaning they only play in bars etc. I will finance the trip. What do I need to do to prove this? Planning a very short trip, 5 days max. I myself do not need a visa but my friends and I would be travelling from the Phils. Thanks in advance! 🙂

7. Gracie says:

Is there a minimum amout reflected on out ITR/2316? Please we need an info. about it coz we’re planning to apply for a VISA dis March, 2014. Thank u and Godbless.
    (we are first timers) and also for bank Certificate

• yoshke says:

Hi Gracie. They don’t say exactly, but if you’re worried about the bank certificate, make sure you have other supporting documents like Certificate of Employment to prove that you have a job and that you have something that you can’t leave behind in PH (a job or a business).

Don’t take my word for it, though. Coz they really don’t say.

• Drahcir Go says:

What about OFWs?….. We don’t file an ITR anymore due to the exemption. s this needed?

• Ehnu says:

Hi, ask ko lang po kung need pa din yung itr at coe kung may invitation letter naman from a korean citizen?thank you po.

In our case (a teammate’s), hiningan pa rin kami ng COE and ITR kahit may invitation letter na.

• susan bandiola says:

hi sir yoshke i just wanna ask if franchise business is also valid to declare as a own business because the ITR are filed by the other company and the only document we have as a proof is the certificate of affilation or partnership….looking forward to here from u thans and God Bless

Hi! Not sure about this, but I think it’s valid and you can declare it. 🙂

• Ehnu says:

Ask ko lang po,dapat po ba updated yung itr na ipapasa?pano pag may itr before pero unemployed ngayon?may sapat namang laman yung bank acct..pano yun?thanks po..

2016 ITR is still accepted kasi wala pa naman ung 2017.

8. Stef Santos says:

Hi, I’ve got a question, if you don’t mind 🙂 I work online as a freelancer; and though that falls under “self-employed,” I don’t have a recent ITR nor a SEC registration. Would you know if I can submit different documents? Thanks! 🙂

• Chris Batoon says:

you just need to go to the bank branch and request for it. I believe a small fee will have to be deducted from your funds for the certificate request.

9. zharahjane ebora says:

i love this site, thank you for the information,, hope to spend my birthday in korea with my oppa.. ^_^

10. Maggie Estavillo says:

The ITR, SEC or cert of employment are important. Especially bank certificate. You need to have at least 20k in your bank. Been to Korea in 2008, 2009. Lived in Korea fr0m 2010 til 2012. I think the same visa rules still apply for now..

11. Lee_23 says:

What about for a retired government employee? what are the requirements they need to furnish? My mom is going to Seoul this coming May 2014, Thanks

• yoshke says:

Hi Lee, i’m not sure about the requirements for retired employees. You might want to check with them directly. 😀

12. yoshke says:

Hi Zenna, it’s possible. 🙂 Just make sure all their requirements are complete. 🙂

13. eds says:

meron po bang ibang paraan, kase wala po aqng work and business, tanging sweldo lang na padala ng aswa ang inaasahan q. in short wala po bang alternative na requirements for an ITR?

• yoshke says:

Hi Eds! I’m not the right person to answer this, but I believe you have to indicate on the form who will be shouldering the expenses.

14. eds says:

please help.. i don’t have an itr. i dont have a job and business. but i have enough money in the bank. do you think it is possible for me to be granted for an ITR even though i dont have work and business? if not’ is there other way? thanks in advance…

15. Nash says:

ilang months po bago mag-expire yung visa kung naapprove?Like di pa kami nakakakuha ng ticket tapos po naapprove na yung visa.. Thanks!

16. Mae says:

Great info! 🙂 By the way, is it advisable na mag-apply for a visa just to check yung possiblity na ma-approve.hehe. We’ve already booked a ticket later this year and medyo nagwworry kami na di ma-approve so gusto sana namin itry na mag-apply earlier. Not sure kasi kung may consequences if mag-aaply ulit kami this year at di naman namin nagamit yung unang application namin (in case na-approve).hehe

17. anne says:

hi. may i ask if it’s ok to apply for a tourist visa, in my case kasi i work in the department of health – procurement service but im under job order, meaning contractual. but i’ve already worked there for a year now, regular naman kaming nare-renew ng contract. pls answer. thanks. planning to go to korea this spring.

• yoshke says:

Hi Anne! Yes, I don’t see any reason why it won’t be okay for you to apply for a visa as long as you have a copy of your ITR, bank certificate, and cert of employment (which you can write yourself and just have it signed by your superior).

• Ninia says:

Hi,.panu namn po kung online yung work? like me… yun po kasi lage yung nkikita ko na problem… help anyone??? i really appreciate…thank you

• Nessy says:

Same problem as mine, pano po pag wlang ITR? is there any alternative? may chance ba makakuha ng visa?

18. jeff esquivel says:

im an ofw and i would need to apply a s korean visa. hndi ako makaaplay sa country of residence ko dahil may mga issue regarding sa tenure ng residency visa. isa sa mga requirements para mag aplay ng S korean visa sa pinas ay ITR, pero wala akong ITR kasi di naman ako nagtatranajo sa Pilipinas. Uuwi ako ngayong abril para magbakasyon at magaplay ng visa. pwde kayang walang ITR?

19. Jasmin says:

Hi. Ask ko lang po sana if pwede po bang ipadala na lang yong application ng visa namin? If ever po na maapprove ilang months po ba namin ito dapat na e avail?
    I’m here po kasi sa Davao City .Thanks

• travelbuddy says:

they give out visas valid for three months up to one year (in cases na multiple entry) maybe if you cant come to manila you may want to check a travel agency’s service since the korean embassy accepts applications filed by an authorized representative

20. tess says:

Hi what if we will travel the whole family, do i need to bring my children in applying for the visa

• travelbuddy says:

no need to bring the whole family with you…. on your day of application you will just submit the documents… no interviews or what so ever then comeback for the results on the day that they will ask you to comeback

21. Paul Ahdem L. Lozano says:

may itatanong lang po yung sa student po ba para po yun sa study visa if ever gusto na mag-study sa South Korea? :/ curious lang po.

22. Nerie young says:

Hi can I asked if I still need invitation and financial capability…???my boyfriend is working there but he is not a Korean..I don’t have work and he pays all the expenses for my travel!!!

23. Aiza Marie Angcaya says:

Hi! I would just like to ask, I’m a student and from the given list of requirements naka-indicate yung Parents’ ITR and Employment Certificate. However, in my case, my mom is a housewife and my dad is a retired policeman. I think it’s quite impossible na to get an ITR for my dad. Is there any alternative for that? Feedback highly appreciated, thank you!

24. Jose Ph says:

I am from davao city, and I got my korean visa for 3000 via an agency. Travelling is more expensive for probinsyanong Pinoys . Booo !!:O

25. mariz says:

I love your blog. I keep on reading and reading all your blog posts.^_^ I just want to ask cause i’m planning to have a vacation next year to korea, actually i LOVE KOREA even if i’ve never been there and honestly, it’ll be my first time to travel abroad. I have this dilemma of not passing the visa application. I’m just an ordinary employee of a manufacturing appliances company and have a salary ranging 13k-15k a month. In my itr it’s declared that i’m below minimum wage earner, is there any a chance that i could pass the visa application? Though i have more than 50k savings in my bank account. And which is preferrable, i’ll first book a flight before applying a tourist visa ? (cause i’m planning to book a promo fare (1 fare) or appplying first the visa before booking a ticket which will cost me more than 10k.. thank you. I’ll wait for your reply.

• yoshke says:

Hi Mariz! Thanks for your comment! Apply for a visa first before you book. You will be asked which flight you’re planning to take but no need to purchase tickets yet.

As for the other question, I can’t say whether it would be enough to convince them.

26. getz says:

Hi, I want my mom to apply for korean visa but she’s retired na. Ako yung gagasto sa trip, documents ko ba yung kelangan i submit? Like my own bank cert, coe, etc? Pano if I work abroad, so yung bank cert ko ba dito sa country of residence ko yung ipapa submit ko sa mom ko? Thanks!

27. Nics says:

Hi! Question on what documents should an OFW (still in abroad) prepare and get from the country they are staying now? Like are there docs(COE,Bank certs.) to be stamped by any government agency abroad?

28. Danah reyes says:

Hi, I’m planning to apply for a Korean Visa as an employee which requires a 2316 form or ITR, when I requested my employer for it they said that this is not available in my case because I started working on February 2014 and the filing for taxes were on the same month. Will I still be eligible to apply for the visa?

29. jen catubay says:

hi, balak namin pumunta ng Korea by May 2015,
    is it ok to apply for the visa as early as now? Gaano katagasl bisa ng ibibigay nilang visa sa iyo kkung by November kami mag-apply? maraming salamat

30. Busty Robins says:

Hi, I need an advise on this. Does Korean Embassy stamp passports during the visit? I just applied for Schengen visa at Norwegian embassy, I got denied for weak country ties. But during the interview, they already stamp my passport stating the embassy name and date of my application. Now, I felt bad coz after almost a month of waiting, they refused me of the visa. And worse is, I already had their stamp on my passport. Does Korean embassy does like this? Please enlighten me on this. Thanks…

31. pat says:

Hello. Ask ko lang pano pag d na nagaaral and walang work, ano po gagawin para makaapply ng visa?

32. joan beliran says:

hi ask ko lang you said that “you will need to submit the ORIGINAL copy and a photocopy of all of them. (Past Korean visas are not counted.)” sure na po ba ito kasi nakakatakot po bka need po pala sya tas hnd ko na submit and ask ko lng kng na experience nyo na po ito na? salamat and thanks for all the help 🙂

33. Andrea says:

Hi! Thanks so much for your post! 🙂

I would just like to ask if it is important to have a place to stay in Korea? I am applying as a student tourist. My best friend since high school (who is Korean) invited me and indicated in the letter that I am welcome to stay with her during the duration of my trip. Should I put her address and contact information as my address and phone number in Korea? Or is it advisable to find my own hotel/lodging? My parents will be the ones to shoulder my expenses for the trip.

Looking forward to your reply.

34. Luckyme says:

Let me share my experience,nag apply ako ng visa may 2014,actually 8 kaming magkakaibigan.aattend kami ng wedding ng korean friend namin,kinakabahan ako kasi 1st time kong mag apply ng visa nakalabas na ako pero hongkong lang nov 2013,so inayos ko ng mabuti req. ko i have 300k sa bank statement (checking account) hindi kasi ako employed so business pinasa ko,mayors permit and dti and itr.itr ko 160k lang income for the whole year! Lahat sila na approve ako lang ang hindi.naiyak ako kasi ako lang maiiwan and masasayang ung ticket and hotel namin 50k! Masasayang kasi di naren tutuloy bf ko since di ako na approve.so sabi ng mga friends namin mag appeal ako.wala namang appeal sa korean embassy.pero nga kami umalis.kinausap ko yung koreana and asking for another chance,kasi sayang ticket ko and sinabi ko kasama ko bf ko,tinanong nya approved ba bf ko sabi ko oo,so binigyan nya ako ng option hiningi nya docs ng bf ko to be my sponsor and gagawa ng affidavit na sagot ako ng bf ko,sa madaling salita hinanap nya yung docs ng bf ko na record sa knila nakita nya yung bank statement.may 1m na time deposit sya sa bpi pero hindi paren sila na convince,sabi ng koreana magdala pa kami ng lahat ng pwedeng magpatunay na kaya ako sponsoran ng bf ko.sobrang nadedepress na ako kasi 5days lang hinihingi ko.so sa madaling salita dinala ng bf ko ang ari arian nya like company papers na sya pag mamay ari.5passbook kasi di sila satisfied sa 1m.sabi ni koreana pinarangka nya kami pakita na daw lahat as in! and properties papers actually medyo na hassle for us kasi nakita na nila lahat lahat ng ari arian ng bf ko.anyway pagkasilip sa passbook! Kung ano yung may laman ng savings ng bf ko!wala pa 1min print nila visa sa harap ko! Tapos kinancel nila yung denied sa passport ko 🙂 sobrang saya lang! Single entry 59 days binigay nila sakin.so ngayon nag apply uli ako same documents nung nadeny ako,inexpect ko denied nanaman ako pero nagulat ako kasi multiple entry ang binigay nila sakin!!!

• mia says:

Hi! Question, how did you appeal? I mean which counter? I got denied of a visa.. well I am currently unemployed but my bank statement and certificate show that I have steady flow of money In my account. I travel frequently, I have a valid multiple entry visas for the US (10years) and Schengen (2years) but they still denied me a visa! Their reason is ‘you failed to prove the purpose of your entry to Korea’ which is so absurd since I submitted my boyfriend’s confirmed hotel and plane bookings. I have put in my application that I will visit him there while he is on business trip in Seoul. Uggghgh.

35. Luckyme says:

36. Temple says:

please friends am coming to seoul..please i want to make friends please,if you are leaving in southkorea please contact me pleassssssssssssssssss…… ofodueme@yahoo.com..or call +2349037546770..please friends.need your help

37. Vladi Felix says:

Hi we are planning to go to Korea on May. My problem is my dad is for retirement, he has a retirement order already cause his bday is on May 2015. So it’s not quite possible to get a cert of employment and maybe an ITR too. What are the requirements for retired policeman or just a retired govt employee. Please reply.

38. Rin says:

Hi! Just wondering if you know of alternative documents that we can submit instead of a COE? I’ve been unemployed for more than a year now and only earn money from doing various online jobs. I have a recent ITR, voluntary contribution but I do not have a COE. I’ve only been to some countries in SEA and only have visa from PRC and ROC (both were sponsored by my parents). I called the SK embassy and said that since I’m already an adult, my parents cannot sponsor my trip anymore and an affidavit of support will not suffice. I have the other requirements already my only problem is the COE. I hope you can answer my question. Sorry for the lengthy comment.

• aii says:

the embassy told me to just present my bank certificate and statements. i am also of legal age and a secind courser

39. Hello Kitty says:

Hello po. Ask ko lng po if okay lang na joined account ung type ng bank statement at bank certificate na ippresent sa visa application? Thanks in advance!

40. ofelia gareza says:

Is hotel reservation in Korea not included among the requirements for visa application.?

41. lorraineprzcrzt says:

Hi everyone! My fiance and I opened a joint bank account last year, meaning the names reflected there are our maiden names (me as lady especially). We’re getting married next year and we’re planning to have our honeymoon in SK. Can we use the funds in our joint account as show money provided we have separate bank certs? Or does it have to be a personal account?

42. Nikki Amancio says:

hi how if wala akong job but i have an account. panu po un?

43. Remlyn San Diego says:

My friend want me to go in south korea for work..how can i go there with invitation? What requirments need?

44. Rosie menor says:

Parents with multiple Korean visa, what are the requirements for kids

45. Ana Santiago says:

Ask ko lng kasama ba ang gastos sa hotel accomodation at airfare sa funding details na nasa application form o un lang estimated cash na magagastos mo pag nasa korea na.. Tnx

46. mjmoney says:

denied visa ko. may nakapagtry na ba dito magappeal? tumawag sakin smtowntravel . i bought a global package kasi for their hallyu concert . they emailed me a proof that I’m going there for the concert lang(itinerary and receipt inemail nila) kaso diba 6 months pa ulit reapply in case nadeny? do u think its worth it pa na magpunta ako embassy to appeal to get my visa granted. tourist lang naman talaga purpose ko.

• agnes says:

nag attaced ka ba ng itr and financial docs mo? bank cerificate and certificate of employment?

47. Meeee says:

Hi! Ask ko lang Po, pano kung yung itr ko from previous job at Wala akong certificate of employment sa new job ko Kasi probationary palang pero may job offer certificate Naman ako. Can I still apply? Nakabook na Kasi yung flight Namin pero problem ko yung visa. Reply is highly appreciated. Thank you!

• ariel says:

Just try and pray. Gawa kna lang ng letter ng explanation mo. And dalhin supporting docs ung lumang itr, at ung ceritficates na meron ka. and importante, ung bank cert talaga.

48. Styles Laoshi says:

October 19, 2016:

“Bank Statement” showing last 3 months worth of transactions (deposit/withdrawals) is now part of S. Korea official list of requirements for visa applications.

49. Michelle says:

Just wanted to ask lang if pwede ba mag apply ng Korean Visa yung friend ko on my behalf? Do I need to make an authorization letter? Thank you 🙂

50. Kathleen Ann Ebuenga says:

Hi. Does anybody here knows how long is the validity of a koren tourist visa?

51. www says:

Hi! i just want to know if its ok to apply for tourist visa first before booking a plane ticket going to SK?

• ariel says:

ok lang kung sure ka naman maaapprove ka, akin ganun ginawa ko e.

52. Jea Roque says:

Hi! If you’re applying as a family, would there be any other additional requirements? Would it be possible if i let my cousin submit the documents to the embassy? Thanks

53. Jayce Calingasan says:

Hi Yoshke,

Just a quick question. In one of the fields of the visa application it asked for the countries youve been to in the past 5 years. I went backpacking last december and entered and exited Thailand 3x should i just put the dates i was there or would it help if i submit a letter with it?

Thanks

• yoshke says:

Hi Jayce, the first time I submitted a separate page enumerating the list of countries I visited and the corresponding dates. I didn’t give explanation.

The second time, I didn’t put the dates at all. I just enumerated the countries. Application was approved both times. But I think it would be best to just submit a separate page if you’ve visited a lot of countries. 🙂

• Arah says:

Hi! How did you present the separate page? I mean did you use any header or you just enumerate the countries you’ve been to and the corresponding dates? Thanks!

• ariel says:

nope, makikita naman nila un sa passport kung totoo nagtravel ka e.

54. Shayne says:

Hello, my sisters and I are traveling to Korea this May. We’re applying for student visa. Part of the requirements are the financial documents by parents, what if yung eldest brother yung nags-shoulder ng lahat ng expenses ng family, puwede bang yung documents niya ang i-submit?? Would it be enought to compensate for the “parents financial documents”? Also, do we need to have a cover letter to explain this matter? Thank you very much! Hoping for anyone’s response 🙂

• ariel says:

Pwede naman un, magpakita ka lang ng files na magpapakita na related kayo. sa form ang alam ko may nakalagay dun relationship mo sa sponsor mo, lagay mo brother ganun. tas ung bankcert niya and all, di kana qquestionin as long as kumpleto ka sa supporting docx.

• mae says:

Good day po! Were you able to go to Korea with your student visa and did you submit school certificate? Thank you!

55. Joliene says:

Hello! what if I’m both self employed and employed? what would be the arrangement?

56. Jessica says:

I read that if I do have a BDO Credit Card I can be grant of 3 years Visa? What should I do? I do have both BDO Gold Union Pay and Mastercard. Do I just need to mention to the consulate that I have those Credit Cards?

57. Terry says:

Good day.

Ask ko lang what should I do to get a KR visa.
    I’m currently unemployed. I quit my job last Dec 2016 and currently looking for one.

I have almost 100k in my account.
    I’m going there with two of my friends this coming Sept and we already booked tickets.

58. Dan says:

What if my coe states that it is issued upon my request for creditcard application and not for visa application. Is it acceptable?

• Jesseca says:

hello there Dan. just want to ask, anong nagyari sa Visa application mo? approved ba kahit iba yung purpose na naka indicate sa COE mo? coz i have the same issue. thanks and God bless ^_^

59. aiza says:

hi po ask lang if mag totour kami pa malaysia and gusto dn nmin mag tour s korea kailangan padin po ba ng visa…

60. Jason says:

What if may chinese citizen passport applying sa korean embassy here sa philippines? Will they still accept and process it?

Thanks.

61. Gerard says:

I have a Japan “Trainee” Visa and not a “Tourist” Visa, does that qualify me to the window for OECD Visa holders?

62. Zel says:

Hi po! I want to apply for student tourist visa and am planning to travel alone. Sa tatay ko sana ako hihingi ng bank statement, COE and proof of financial capability kso hndi nakasulat ung name nya sa birth certificate ko, tapos yung mama ko po unemployed. Pwede po ba kung yung tita ko yung magiging financier ko? Kahit di ko po sya kasama magtravel? Thank you and God bless!

63. MemoryCX says:

Hello I just wanna ask kasi fresh grad ako and still wala pang work. What should I do? Kasi grad gift ng parents ko ung magiging tour namin sana sa South Korea at kasama ko sila. Anong requirements ang kailangan ko? Need pa ba ng explanation or simply put unemployed and sponsor yung parents ko sa application form?

• Hi! I suggest writing a cover letter explaining that you’re traveling with family and that this trip is a graduation treat. It will increase your chances of getting approved.

64. DEN says:

Hi, thank you for this, such a big help!!! Just want to clarify things about OECD? i worked in Canada last 2yrs ago i had a working visa stamp on my old passport. Is that valid as OECD? Planning to travel to SK soon.

65. Baek says:

hi po can you help me kasi me and my cousin plan to travel to korea on dec or january my problem is i will soon to be unemployed i work here in saudi and this coming November my contract is finished so is there anythin i can attach when i apply a visa should i get a certificate on my work? And meron naman po ko sapat n ipon in the bank

66. Venice says:

Hello po…ask q lang po invite aq ng friend q sa korea possible po ba yun? At his interested to send me an invitation letter and d2 po aq sa kuwait now. Need pa po ba ang ban accnt? Kuwait to korea na po destination q. Pls. I need the answer asap caused my friend is waiting. Thanks and gob bless!

67. ruffeecola says:

About > “You can enter Korea at any time within the next 3 months (90 days) of the issue date. So if your visa is issued on July 1, you can enter anytime before October 1.”
    Question, what if I was given multiple entry last June 30, then suddenly my flight was moved from July 30 to October 30, would there be a problem?

Would be glad to hear your thoughts. Thanks.

68. Mommy Vernz says:

My daughter and I are employees, and will submit the same set of requirements for employees, and travelling together. Do we need to submit birth certificate?

69. Enchong says:

Hello po ask ko lang po about dito Original Personal Bank Certificate (must include account type, current balance, account opening kasi hindi ko po na huhuugan masyado ang savings account ko minsan nauubusan ng laman ngayon augs lang po ako nag simula mag hulig gust ko mag try sa dec kumuha visa wde po ba yung papakita ko yung 3 months bank statements ko??

70. chiqs says:

hi..is form 137 during my highskul year is needed even if have earned my post graduate studies as a requiremnt being invited to korea?

71. Estef says:

Hi, just curious of the counting of “3 days”. Say I applied today, when will I get it?

72. Au Yang says:

Thanks for the information. I submitted our application last week and i’ll be getting it tomorrow. Hoping for the best result. #kabado 🙂

73. GRACE says:

Hi,I got my visa result- DENY… i submitted all necessary documents.. it is a package tour from a travelling agency. Complete papers as we apply as a group. Ako lang na-deny . The reason is very unfair. Im an Online teacher. They don’t like my job.

CAN I MAKE AN APPEAL.? We have our roundtrip ticket already.. please help?.. how to make an appeal.. our flight is on Oct. 18.

74. Katrina says:

Hi @thepoortraveler!!!

I stumbled upon this article last summer and because of how detailed you outlined the steps, this made us decide to push through with our application. We applied last Sept. 26 as a group and we got our visa on Oct. 4!!! Hooray!!! Thank you so much for sharing all these information. This help us greatly on planning our SK trip this coming last week of the month, in time for autumn!!! 🙂

75. Zel says:

Hello po yung certificate of employment ba naka notarized or ok lang kahit sign lang ng employer. Salamat po

76. Ay says:

Hi, regarding sa account opening date ng savings acct, need po ba 6 months prior ng visa application nkpgopen n ako ng account ko? O pwede kahit at least 4 months? May work nmn po ako and years n ako nagwowork dun. Thanks po

Hi. Di naman needed na 6 months, pero mas malaki yung chance mo if older talaga ung bank account. Otherwise, it’s gonna appear that you opened a bank account just to apply for a visa, which is not a good impression. 🙂

77. Hazel says:

Hi, my sister will be travelling to Korea this February. However, she is unemployed and yung magsh-shoulder ng trip nya is yung isang sister nmin. Ang issubmit ba nyang COE, ITR, Bank Cert and Bank Statement is yung sa sister nmin na magsshoulder ng trip nya? Hope someone can help. Thanks.

Hi Hazel, based on experience, both the applicant’s and the sponsor’s COEs, bank certs, and ITRs have to be submitted.

78. Nold says:

Ask ko lang po kc nun june nag apply ako then na denied you application ko then nakalagay sa remarks” YOU FAILED TO QUALIFY TO THE VISA CATEGORY THAT YOU HAVE APPLIED FOR.”..kumpleto naman mga requirements ko..ano po kaya main reason bakit na denied? balak ko po kc mag reapply sana ma approve na..thanks

Hi Nold! Having complete requirements doesn’t mean your application will be approved. They need to assess the documents you submitted too. Reasons can be about anything: It may be lack of funds, insufficient proof of your rootedness in PH, dubious purpose for traveling, or something else.

79. Joseph Mark Paras says:

Hi. Happy New Year! What is the “Original School Certificate’? Is the the duly-accomplished Enrollment Form? Or a certificate issued by the school duly-signed by a competent authority (i. e., Principal, Registrar, President, etc.) stating that the child is currently enrolled in the same school in a particular grade level? Thank you.

80. Jillian says:

Hi, I’m planning now to book a trip to S.K, kaya lang ng dadalawang isip pa ko kasi wala pa akong visa. If mag aapply ako ngayung January then if ever maapproved siya. Magagamit ko pa din ba ung visa sa month ng June-Dec 2018? or kailangan pag nag apply ng visa gamitin na din agad siya in 3 months? Thank you in advance. 🙂

The visa will expire 3 months after issue. You can’t use it in June-Dec if you apply now.

81. Jsy893 says:

Ask ko lang, diba ang hinihingi sa bank cert is 6 months ADB? What if my account with BDO is newly opened , as in last November 2017 lang. Pero kasi it was previously a TD account in AUB and I just transferred it to BDO. Pwede kaya yun? :((

82. rosabel says:

good day! ask ko lang kng bdo gold card holder ka hahanapan ka pa po ba ng bank statement and itr? gusto ko po kasi mag apply ng visa sa korea kasama ng mga pinsan ko to visit my ate and my nieces na korean citizen na? ano po bang mga requirements and kailangan.. tia sa mga sasagot

83. Em Abarra says:

Hello, hope you can help me. My brother and I will be going to South Korea on June 2018. My Aunt and her family will be joining and will sponsor us. I read in other blogs that Family members are only sister, brother, mother and dad. I was wondering if I should write them in the “Are you travelling to Korea with any family member ?” section? The lines provided weren’t enough for all their names. (They are a family of 5). Hoping for your answer. Thank you!

Hi! Yeah, that’s what I know too. Family is usually just immediate family. However, you can write the details of your aunt and cousins on a separate sheet (since they won’t fit the space provided in the form anyway). And if the staff asked what it is, you can just say they’re your aunt and cousins. They will remove that extra sheet if they don’t think it’s acceptable naman.

84. ann says:

hi po iba po ba yong requirements sa tourist visa at requirements sa visiting of family? and then pwede rin po ba wala po akong itr kaya ang ginawa ko ay nagpagawa po ako ng affidavit of non- filing of income tax sa attorney..

85. nine says:

hi, I’m planning to have a vacation in SK together with my friend and this is my first time traveling outside the country however I am worried that if I apply gor a visa it will be denied. please help.

You will need to provide more info if you want us to give you advice. 🙂

86. Jackie says:

Hi we’re planning to go to Korea this March with my mom who is a senior. Per checking on the list of requirements even if senior they should submit a Bank Certificate, but I will shoulder everything. I have now all the requirements, except for my mother’s bank certificate. For pension lang kasi yun eh. Required pa rin ba? Or will just submit a cover letter that I will shoulder all her expenses during our stay in Korea?

Thanks in advance.

Hi! Not sure if this is the case for all, but based on our experience, they still require bank certificate of the applicant even if the trip will be sponsored by someone else.

87. Mosh says:

Hello po!
    Ask ko lang po sana what should I do to get approved a SK visa.
    I’m currently unemployed. I quit my job last Dec 2017 and currently looking for one.I have almost 70k in my account.

I’m going there with one of my friend this coming May and we already booked tickets. We are staying there for 5 days. I hope you can help me. Thank you

Hi Mosh. To be completely honest, there’s a big risk of denial if you’re unemployed and you have only P70K.

88. cha says:

hi, i have been to the Netherlands last MAy 2013, if i will apply a visa for my June 2018 trip, is my OECD visa still within the 5-year qualification? should is stand on the OECD window also?
    When is the best time t apply for the visa if my trip is this coming June 2018? thank you in advance

You can apply as early as 3 months before the trip.

If you apply in March/April, then yes, your Dutch Schengen visa can be counted as OECD visa.

89. Marianne says:

Hello.. I want to ask po. We are planning to go to SK on Sept 2018, and this my first time na mag-out of the country. I’m currently working and sa COE ko indicated na 3 years na ko dito sa company. and also I have an ITR. and sa Bank Statement I have almost 50K. We are planning to stay for only 5 days. Do you think I will get Approve? I’m really nervous about Visa

Hi Marianne. May chance po na maapprove. May close friend po ako na similar sa situation ninyo, matagal na sa work and 50K lang ang nasa bank, naapprove. Pero sa Osaka sila.

90. girlonthemove says:

I was wondering if there is anyway I can prove to the embassy that I have online business (as part time, para maprove ko lang hehe)

Not sure, but maybe you can try to submit copies of invoices, etc. But they will still probably look for ITR.