One of the best things that happened for travelers from Metro Manila and Central Luzon is the launch of the Premium Point-to-Point (P2P) Bus service from Manila to Clark Airport.
Clark International Airport is the fastest growing gateway in the country, and airlines have been constantly adding new flights that fly into and out of it. This somehow addresses the congestion problem that has been plaguing Manila’s Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) for years.
Direct bus trips to Clark from Manila are not new. PHILTRANCO has been operating this route for years, albeit with only five trips per day. But the P2P buses provide more options and pick up and drop off passengers from all NAIA Terminals as well as a few key stops like Resorts World Manila, Robinsons Galleria (Ortigas), and Trinoma. These buses are also more comfortable, with fewer seats, bigger legroom, and working wi-fi.
These P2P buses ply two Clark routes: one originating and terminating at NAIA Terminal 3, and the other originating and terminating at TRINOMA.
WHAT'S COVERED IN THIS GUIDE?
Bus Stops in Manila
Here are the exact locations of the pick-up and drop-off spots of P2P buses n Manila. NOTE that the NAIA 2 and NAIA 1 stops are for DROP-OFF ONLY. You can’t board the bus from there. If you’re coming from NAIA Terminals 1, 2, or 4, you will have to take a cab or Uber to Terminal 3 (Bay 14).
- NAIA 3. Bay 14 at the Arrival area. PICK-UP AND DROP-OFF. Bus Terminal contact numbers: +63 933 852 7687, +63 933 852 7669.
- NAIA 2. Bay 20 at the Arrival area. DROP-OFF ONLY!
- NAIA 1. At the Departure Curbside. DROP-OFF ONLY!
- Resorts World Manila. There is a bus stop close to the Valet Counter, just next to the Casino Entrance. PICK-UP AND DROP OFF.
- Robinsons Galleria (Ortigas). At the driveway EDSA side. PICK UP AND DROP OFF.
- Trinoma. P2P Terminal along EDSA, close to MRT North Station. PICK UP AND DROP OFF. Contact numbers: +63 933 852 6813, +63 933 852 7675.
Update: Genesis’s latest timetables no longer list Resorts World Manila, so I’m not sure if they still make a stop there.
P2P Bus Stops in Clark
- SM Clark Transport Hub. PICK UP AND DROP OFF. Contact numbers: +63 933 852 6762, +63 933 852 6771.
- DOTR Office & Clark Center
- Clark International Airport. Contact numbers: +63 933 852 7677, +63 933 852 6812.
P2P Bus and Joy Bus Schedules and Fares
Below are the most updated timetables as of October 2018. The good news is: there are now more trips per day. The additional early morning trips will definitely help those who have a morning flight to catch in Clark. There are also Joy buses operating 3 times a day between NAIA and Clark.
NAIA to Clark Airport via Robinsons Galleria, Ortigas
Trinoma to Clark Airport
Clark Airport to NAIA 1, 2, 3, via Ortigas
Clark Airport to Trinoma or North EDSA
SM Clark to NAIA 1, 2, 3, via Ortigas
SM Clark to Trinoma
Images above courtesy of Genesis Transport.
- They seem to not follow the timetable as strictly as they should. One of our readers shared that in his experience, the first bus left Trinoma at 5:40am, not 4am. So please have plenty of lead time before your flight. If your flight is in the early morning and you don’t have a ride, consider spending a night in Clark for good measure. We’ve been trying to reach Genesis to clarify their schedule but no response from them until now.
- The total travel time varies depending on traffic. To be safe, allot 3-4 hours. Based on experience, the total travel time is around 2.5 hours. Note that this was on a weekday late afternoon/early evening. We left Clark Airport at 4pm, passed by Trinoma at 5:47pm, and reached Resorts World Manila at 6:25pm. If it’s done the other way around at the same time, I’m pretty sure it will be much, much longer.
- These buses WILL NOT stop to pick up or drop off passengers at any place other than the designated spots. Do not try to alight elsewhere.
- The Ortigas departure times vary depending on Manila traffic. You might be in for a bit (or a lot) of waiting time.
- If you’re trying to catch a flight, allow some lead time. Be at the airport at least 2 hours before a domestic flight or 3 hours for international. Duration of check-in processes can be unpredictable, especially at the Immigration counters where queues can be long. Better safe than left by the plane.
- This post was last updated in November 2018. Always contact Genesis Transport before your trip to get their latest timetable.