Whether you’re applying for a Japan Tourist Visa or a Visit Visa, the first thing you need to do is to get hold of a copy of the application form and fill it out appropriately. You can download a copy of the application form below with instructions.
How to Fill Out Japan Visa Application Form
You can complete the form by hand or electronically.
- Write in block letters.
- In the SURNAME field, write in capital letters.
- In the PURPOSE OF VISIT field, be as clear as possible. Examples: to visit my sister, to tour Tokyo, etc.
- In the HOTEL or PERSON TO VISIT field, write down the name, address and telephone number of the person with whom you will be staying in Japan. If you’re staying in a hotel, write down the name of the hotel, its address, and contact number. Hotel details are easily Google-able. You can also visit the hotel’s official website.
- In TELEPHONE NUMBER fields, always start with the area code.
- In fields that don’t apply to you, write NA.
- Print the form in an A4-size paper.
- Paste a photo on the designated area. PASTE! DO NOT STAPLE! The photo must have been taken within the past 6 months.