Because of the sheer volume of applications, the Japanese Embassy doesn’t accept direct or walk-in applications, except in rare special cases. Instead, tourist and visit visa applications must be coursed through an officially designated travel agency, which will then compile and submit the applications in bulk.

The downside of this system, of course, is the service fee. The embassy’s processing of the visa is FREE-OF-CHARGE. But the travel agency will collect a service charge per application. But this system has ensured a fast, efficient way to process visa applications. In fact, the Korean Embassy has followed suit and employed a similar model recently. The fee varies from agency to agency, so if budget is a concern, contact them before showing up at their office.

Here’s how to apply for a Japan visa:

TOURIST Visa Requirements

VISIT Visa Requirements

Below is the list of all travel agencies that are accredited by the Japanese Embassy. Of these, we were able to try Attic Tours (Roxas Blvd), Reli Tours (SM Megamall), and Friendship Tours (Dusit Thani), and we didn’t encounter any problem with any of them.

Attic Tours Phils., Inc

Manila Main Office
Unit 202 Coko Building 1, Patio Madrigal Compound,
2550 Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City
Telephone Nos.: (02) 556-6301, (02) 556-6302, (02) 556-6303, (02) 556-6304, (02) 556-6305

Hotel Jen Branch
Ground Floor, Hotel Jen Manila,
3001 Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City
Telephone Nos.: (02) 984-0566, (02) 668-9845, (02) 516-0699

SM North EDSA Branch
Ground Floor, The Block, SM North EDSA,
Quezon City
Telephone Nos.: (02) 372-3254, (02) 373-2594
Mobile No.: 0917-898-0905

SM City Fairview Branch
Upper Ground Flr. Annex 3 Bldg.
SM City Fairview, Quirino Highway cor. Regalado Ave.
Brgy. Greater Lagro, Novaliches, Quezon City

Makati City
Telephone No.: (02) 894-0886
Mobile No.: 0917-529-6774

Manila Branch
Ground Floor, GLC Building, Mabini corner T.M. Kalaw Streets,
Ermita, Manila
Telephone Nos.: (02) 523-8801, (02) 523-8802, (02) 523-8803, (02) 523-8804, (02) 523-8805, (02) 523-8806, (02) 523-8807
Mobile No.: 0917-854-3614

Telephone No.: (02) 242-0640
Mobile No.: 0906-492-1000

SM Southmall Branch
Alabang-Zapote Road, Las-Pinas City
Telephone Nos.: (02) 800-4948, (02) 800-4949, (02) 800-4950

Pan Pacific Travel Corporation

Note: Pan Pacific only accepts applications WITHOUT documents written or printed in Japanese.

Binondo Head Office
353 E.T. Yuchengco Street, Binondo, Manila, Philippines
Telephone No.: (02) 243-6666
Email: panpacifictravel@gmail.com

Cebu Branch
Diplomat Hotel. Suite No. 6, 90 F. Ramos Street. Cebu City
Email: panpaccebu@gmail.com
Telephone Nos.: (032) 254-0343, (032) 254-0345, (032) 254-0347, (032) 254-0349

Ermita Branch
G/F Pacific Place Apartelle Suites. 539 Arquiza St. Ermita, Manila
Email: trafalgarmanila@panpacifictravel.com.ph
Telephone Nos.: (02) 523-1990, (02) 526-6427

Makati Branch
Unit LG-1 Herrera Tower Condominium. # 98 V.A. Rufino St corner Valero St.,
Salcedo Village, Makati City.
Email: pptcmkti@yahoo.com
Telephone Nos.: (02) 810-8551, (02) 810-8552, (02) 810-8553, (02) 810-8554, (02) 810-8555, (02) 810-8556

Universal Holidays, Inc.

Makati Main Office
Ground Floor, Dusit Thani Manila Hotel,
Ayala Center, 1223 Makati City
Telephone Nos.: (02) 859-3857, (02) 859-3858, (02) 859-3859, (02) 859-3860, (02) 618-2359
Mobile Nos.: 0917-634-8280, 0917-530-2998

Comments

1. Mat says:

I was just wondering if you were able to verify Universal Holiday’s Cebu branch ‘coz I am seeing a Cebu branch in their site but it is not listed in your page nor in the official site. I have tried this branch before and would really like to use their service again.

Hi Mat, I think legit naman sya kasi yung accreditation ng Japan Embassy yata ay per company, hindi per branch. So since accredited yung Universal Holiday, most likely kasama lahat ng branches nila.

• Mat says:

Hello,

Update!
        I applied for multiple entry at the Cebu branch and thankfully na.approve naman.
        I asked them why they were not listed and I think it has something to do with limitation of what type of visa they were allowed to apply. Nakalimutan ko ano exactly yun. Hehehe. Yung inaply ko tourist visa w/o sponsor which is pwd nila i.process.

Thanks for the reply.

2. Patricia says:

Hello! Do I really need to apply a Japan visa in an accredited travel agency?

All applications will go through an accredited agency. But you can apply at other non-accredited agencies, but they will still course it through an accredited agency rin so mas mahal sya.

3. Nel says:

Hi
    For the visa application, since I just had my passport renewed, and of course it is all empty though i had made multiple travels in the past 5 years and it is all in the old passport.
    What can you advise for such? Would it matter if my new passport is empty? or should i send in also the copy of my old one? just to show that i have record of my old trips?

Thank you!

Hi Nel, I can’t say for sure because I had a different experience each time I applied. There was a time when the agency also took my old passport too. There were also times when they did not. So I’m not sure what the protocol is.

My advice is to just bring your old passport when you visit the agency and ask them for their reco. :D

4. Nana Kwame says:

I am a Ghanaian and wanted to visit Japan with my team (its an agriculture company) for an AGRO Tour. How can I do with ease and through which agency can I do this?

Hi! Unfortunately, I’m not familiar with the policy for Ghanaians. :(

5. Nonette Madera says:

Hi! Just want to ask if you have an idea how to get accreditation in Japan. Thank you

6. aim says:

Hello Sir! My mom is a retiree (no income) and I want to sponsor her trip to Japan. I will accompany her and sponsor all her expenses during the trip. Kindly advise me as to how to go about my mom’s visa application. Thanks in advance.

7. Jnr says:

Is there an ordinary way of applying Japan visa or there are embassy’s that are only created for refusal especially qingdao in china? most people have never say anything good about them before

8. J. Danice Queabeah says:

Hi. Can I apply from Liberia, Africa? If yes what are the requirements?

9. Violabel Sabadi says:

Is there agency in baguio city for tousirt japan visa?Thank you

Hi! I think so far, wala pang designated na agency sa Baguio. But you can still apply sa ibang travel agencies. Ico-course din nila yan sa designated agency.

10. demi n rivera says:

Hi..I am a FILIPINO.I would like to inquire a tourist visa requirements…I am working in Singapore…I want to go to japan as tourist any agency that i could talk to here in Singapore?
    Thanks

11. Amy Lynn Magdasoc says:

Hi! Im on my graduate study program have my research conference presentation at Osaka Japan by January 2020.Do I need to apply a tourist visa Japan?Thank you for the reply.

12. Charmaine says:

I just wanted know po if it is possible that the applicant, being a student, his guarantor will not be his parents? His girlfriend will have to support and shoulder his travel expenses as a graduation gift for him. Would this be acceptable? Thank you in advance po.

Hi Charmaine, I haven’t tried something like this, so I don’t know for sure. But the biggest challenge here is proving the relationship.

According to the travel agency we consulted before, it’s still better if the sponsor is a close relative because you can easily prove the relationship using birth certificates.

Best to consult the travel agency where you will lodge your application.

• Maji T. Mahilom says:

Hello good evening i apply japanese visa to traveland here in Sagay city…. Many documents needed from my japanese guarantor
        …and i comply it all but im waiting the original documents from japan because traveland ask me to bring along with me original documents from my guarantor or the person who invites me
        ..im hoping you will answer me about my few questions
        …it is needed to have an interview in japanese embassy? Can i do interview in cebu City only?

Hi Maji, if you’re visiting Japan for a short stay only, usually there is no interview.

13. eleny b cariaga says:

How much rate the travel agency charge for the processing of visa.

Depends on agency and type of visa. Tourist visas usually range P700-1000, Visit visas P1500-P2000. Call the agency where you plan to apply to be certain.

• Ian says:

Hi Sir,

May plan po kami ng family ko na mag tourist visit sa Japan this year at ako po yung representative applicant. ask ko lang po sana apart po sa akin if kailangan din po ba yung wife ko at nung anak ko na adult ( 19y/o) na mag provide requirements such, employment cert., bank cert and ITR? Thanks

Hi ian, ang alam ko po, if kayo ung sasagot ng gastos, no need na for your wife and child. Basta same time kayo mag-apply.

Yung experience ko po kasi nung sinagot ko ung trip ng nanay ko and pamangkin ko, documents ko lang po ung sinubmit.

Pero tawag na lang din po kayo sa agency kung saan kayo mag-apply to be safe.

14. Karmela says:

I am a bit confused because there is actually another list in the Japan embassy website specifying the accredited agencies. I think there were only 7 listed (UHI, friendship, Panpacific, Reli, etc.). For the list you specified here, ang nakalagay sa embassy site is List of Registered Agencies. May difference ba ang dalawa?

Hi Karmela,

Thanks for raising this. We emailed the embassy to clarify. Hopefully they’d respond soon. :D

• Karmela says:

Hi Yoshke,

I just received feedback from the embassy. Here’s their reply:

Accredited agencies are agencies that directly submit visa application to our office. Registered agencies are those allowed to handle package tours for Japan and they need to submit the applications to any of our accredited agencies.

Thanks, Karmela.

Nagreply na rin sila sa amin pero di nila nasagot ung question exactly. Anyway, we updated the post na rin. Thanks for sharing this. :)

• MJ says:

Perhaps di lang naupdate ni Japan Embassy yung website nila? When I checked din kasi sa website ng Japan Embassy, sa lower part, it shows na parang 2014 pa yata yung last update nila dun sa site.

Not sure. Let’s wait for the confirmation from the embassy.

15. Lorraine Tana says:

Hi Yoshke,

Been to Japan twice (with guarantor) planning to go there next year January pero without guarantor na. I can provide bank certificates, COE and ITR but I am a minimum wage earner sa province. Makaka apekto kaya ito sa pag apply ko? Salamat.

16. Jessica Buena says:

hello good evening , pwede po ba mag apply sa attic tour dito sa davao ng working visa para japan po ? were japanese decendant .