The Philippine Embassy in Japan has recently announced on their official Facebook page that the Japanese government had suspended the validity of visas of travelers from the Philippines and ten other countries along with other restrictions as a measure to stop the further spread of COVID-19.
Both single-entry and multiple-entry visas issued by the Japanese embassies in the Philippines, Bahrain, Brunei, Indonesia, Israel, Malaysia, Qatar, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo will no longer be valid and honored by the Japanese Immigration. The Japanese government has previously suspended visas from dozens of other countries including China, Iran, Italy, and South Korea.
The Philippine Embassy in Japan has also corrected their initial post and changed the word “invalidating” to “suspending.” The Filipino translation “kanselado” has also been replaced with “suspendido”. This makes it clearer!
Check the post of the Philippine Embassy in Japan below:
Here’s the full text of the corrected announcement:
JAPANESE GOVERNMENT RESTRICTIONS FOR TRAVELERS FROM THE PHILIPPINES DUE TO COVID-19
Further to previous notices issued by the Philippine Embassy informing Filipino travelers and Filipino workers/residents in Japan of restrictions for entry to Japan, please be advised that:
- The Japanese Government is suspending validity of single and multiple-entry visas issued by 27 March. The Philippines is included in this category.
- The Japanese Government is suspending validity of the pre-clearance granted to APEC Business Travel cards.
- There will be enhanced quarantine measures for incoming travelers from the Philippines. Specifically, those who enter Japanese territory from the Philippines will be asked to undergo a 14-day quarantine period at locations designated by quarantine officers at their ports of entry. They will additionally be asked to refrain from using public transportation before the quarantine period is exhausted.
If you are a Filipino traveling to Japan or are a returning worker/resident in Japan, please make your plans accordingly.
For further information, please refer to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Embassy of Japan for further queries.
MGA PAGHIHIGPIT NG BANSANG JAPAN UKOL COVID-19 PARA SA MGA PASAHERONG MANGGAGALING SA PILIPINAS
Maliban sa mga naunang paalala ng Embahada tungkol sa entry restrictions ng bansang Japan, mahigpit na pinapaalalahanan ang lahat ng mga sumusunod:
- Ang validity ng lahat ng single o multiple-entry Japanese visa na na-issue nang 27 Marso o mas maaga ay suspendido.
- Ang pre-clearance ng APEC Business Travel Cards ay suspendido.
- Magkakaroon ng mas pinaigting na quarantine measures para sa pasaherong manggagaling ng Pilipinas. Halimbawa, ang lahat ng papasok sa bansang Japan mula sa Pilipinas ay kailangang sumailalim sa 14-day quarantine sa isang lugar na itatalaga ng mga quarantine officers ng ports of entry kung saan lumapag o dumaong ang naturang pasahero. Maliban dito, sila ay pagbabawalan ding sumakay sa anumang uri ng public transportation hanggang sa matapos ang 14-day quarantine period.
Kung kayo ay may balak na magtungo o bumalik ng Japan, maaari lamang na gawin ang karampatang mga paghahanda nang naaayon sa naturang paalala.
Para sa karagdagang impormasyon, maari po lamang na magtanong sa MOFA o di kaya ay sa Embahada ng Japan sa Pilipinas.