Last updated: 14 MAY 2020

UPDATE: Due to the extension of the Enhanced Community Quarantine, PAL has also canceled ALL domestic and international flights up to May 31, 2020. The airline intends to resume operations on June 1.

Philippine Airlines has announced that they will be suspending all their domestic and international flights up to May 31. Earlier, the country’s flag carrier had also ceased operations of all flights scheduled until May 15. The move was in compliance with the government’s enhanced community quarantine measure some parts of the country.

If your flight was scheduled on February to May 31 or affected by COVID-19-related disruptions, PAL is offering three options. Here’s a quick summary:

Here’s the infographic released by PAL for a quick look at your options:

• REBOOK or REROUTE the flight for FREE. You can book the flight on another date (after May 31, 2020). No rebooking fee. For the first rebooking, no fare difference will be collected. But on succeeding rebookings, fare difference may apply.
  • Convert the booking to a TRAVEL VOUCHER. You can get the value of your ticket + additional 10% credited to the voucher, which you can use to book another PAL flight in the future. It’s valid for one year.
  • Request a REFUND. You can get a refund of the amount you paid for.

To facilitate the processing, PAL set up the myPAL Request Hub, an online form that you can use to start any of these requests online.

Here’s how to do it.

1. Visit the myPAL Request Hub.

You can find it at: https://mypal.vip/url/RequestHub.

You will be redirected to a Microsoft Office online form. Whether you wish to rebook, get a travel voucher, or file a refund request, you will be using the same form.

The first thing the form will ask you is: Where did you purchase your ticket?

If you booked the ticket directly with PAL (PAL website, PAL mobile app, PAL ticket office, PAL contact center), you can use this form.

If you booked with a travel agency, you need to contact your travel agent and let them coordinate with PAL regarding the next steps. This covers both physical travel agencies and online travel agencies like Expedia, Traveloka, etc.

2. Accomplish the online form.

Provide the following information:

• Passenger Name. Enter the name as it appears on the booking.
  • Booking Reference or Ticket Number. Make sure it’s correct.
  • Contact details. Email Address and contact number.
  • Citizenship. Choose your country of citizenship on the dropdown menu.
  • Point of Origin. Enter the 3 letter code for the origin. Example: MNL for Manila, CEB for Cebu, NRT for Narita)

3. Choose: REBOOK, REFUND or TRAVEL VOUCHER?

OPTION A: REBOOK

If you choose to REBOOK, you will be asked to indicate the details of your original flights and the details of your new preferred flights. But take note of the following:

• Pick 3 new preferred flights. You may choose the same flight number for a different date, a different flight number for the same date, or completely new flight dates and numbers.​
  • List your 3 target flights in order of priority. How you arrange them will be strictly followed. In cases when there are no more seats in the same booking/cabin class in the first option, PAL will automatically proceed to rebook you in the second, then the third option.​​
  • In case your rebooking requires additional payments, a myPAL Request Hub officers will send a confirmation email and payment instructions.

In addition, ensure that you list the flight per one-way segment.​ For example:

• If the booking is round-trip only:
    – Davao-Manila (Leg 1)
    – Manila-Davao (Leg2)​
  • If the booking is multi-city:​
    – Tagbilaran-Manila (Leg 1)
    – Manila-Los Angeles (Leg 2)
    – Los-Angeles-Manila (Leg 3)
    – Manila-Tagbilaran (Leg 4)​

After providing all the needed information, click on SUBMIT!

If you’re supposed to fly between March 15 and May 31, or your flight is affected by COVID-19-related cancellations or travel ban, the following applies:

• NO PENALTIES*
  • No Fare Difference* (on the first rebooking and as long as it’s within the same cabin and class)
  • Travel should be before November 30, 2020 or within ticket validity (whichever comes first)

*You can rebook it multiple times but only the first rebooking is FREE. Rebooking fee and fare difference may apply on succeeding rebookings.

If your flight is NOT canceled, you can still change your flight but it will be considered “voluntary.” Here’s what it entails:

• No Penalties
  • Fare Difference and taxes may be collected
  • Travel within ticket validity
  • Request must be submitted 7 days before flight schedule.

The new travel dates are subject to blackout date limitations: (United States /Canada to Manila) June 15 to July 31 outbound (Manila to United States /Canada) July 15 to Sep 15.

OPTION B: TRAVEL VOUCHER

By selecting this, you’ll be converting the value of your ticket to a TRAVEL VOUCHER, which you can use to book another PAL flight in the future. On top of that, you’ll also get 10% of the base fare ADDED to the voucher.

The travel voucher will be valid for 1 year from issuance, for travel up to 12 months out.

1. On the dropdown menu, choose TRAVEL VOUCHER then click on NEXT.
  2. On the next page, in the REMARKS field, you can enter any information that you think might be helpful in processing your request.

Click SUBMIT on the next page.

OPTION C: REFUND

If you don’t want to rebook or convert your booking to a travel voucher, you can also request a refund.

1. On the dropdown menu, choose REFUND then click on NEXT.
  3. Click on SUBMIT.

NO PENALTIES if you belong to the following:

• Passengers supposed to fly on March 15 to May 31, 2020
  • Passengers affected by COVID-19 Cancellations or travel bans
  • Due to the volume of requests, processing of refunds may take 3 to 4 months from lifting of enhanced community quarantine.

4. Wait for a confirmation email.

You should receive a confirmation email within the next 5 to 7 business days.

In case your transaction requires additional payments, a myPAL Request Hub officers will also send payment instructions.

When to Request for Changes to your Flight

• For tickets issued by travel agents, requests on booking changes must be made through the issuing travel agency.
    • myPAL Request Hub can assist requests for changes to confirmed bookings on Philippine Airlines flights which were made through the PAL Website, Mobile App, Ticket Office, or 24/7 Reservations Hotline.

Updates Log

2020 May 14 – Flights until May 31, 2020, have been canceled in compliance with the extension of the Enhanced Community Quarantine.

2020 April 25 – Flights until May 15, 2020, have been canceled in compliance with the extension of the Enhanced Community Quarantine.

2020 April 8 – Flights until April 30, 2020, have been canceled in compliance with the extension of the Enhanced Community Quarantine in Luzon.

More Tips on YouTube ⬇️⬇️⬇️

Comments

1. albert so tan says:

is this valid for local flights only? was able to call their hotline and ask if i can cancal my flight to sapporo japan on april 20 but they said they only allow full refund for international flights up to april 12 only

2. Althea Besa says:

Hi there. Would you know whether I can get a refund if my ticket is “non-refundable” or is PAL offering to refund all classes of tickets?

3. Myleene says:

For refund, what about the insurance that has been paid.? Insurance has to be included on the refund too.

• David says:

My flight cancald on april 18th because of virus. can i rebook now on pal hub.

4. Jenny vicenti says:

My flight last April 15 2020 was cancelled because of convid
      I want to rebook my ticket
      Manila to iloilo,in re schedule this coming April 19 Sunday.

5. Jenny vicenti says:

My flight last April 15 2020 was cancelled because of convid
      I want to rebook my ticket
      Manila to iloilo,in re schedule this coming April 19 Sunday.

• Jonathan Aure borja says:

last march 29 sana flight ko na cancelled po sya dhil sa covid19, ask ko lng po ano website pede po ko mag pare book .punta po saudi. paki email po sakin kung pano . borjajonathan3@gmail.com

6. Lezyl Razon says:

What if I booked I through kiwi.com app can I still be able to get rebook/refund here on in there app?

7. Ma Teresa Ampong says:

Pano po kung di pa rin puede sa june puede po magrebook sa next year po

8. Emily says:

Eh paano naman yong flight na pina cancel na? Na binarat ng travel agent? (My husband book 4tickets flight for Davao last march 16 coz they have some business in Davao ct.) After Davao they will travel by land and roro going back to Iloilo City. But when we read that mayor Sara advise not to visit Davao for the meantime because of this covid 19, and thinking na maabotan sila ng ECQ? they decided not to travel anymore. Now, the travel agent wont accept thier cancellation because PAL is still having flights going to davao? They tried to rebook it but they have to add 2000+ each for rebooking. Later on they agreed to refund the tickets after one month but they only returned
      ph2700+ from the original ph13,000+ price of d 4tickets..
      Ano po ba ang guidelines ng PAL at ng mga travel agent sa mga ganitong sitwasyon ngayon?
      Mukhang di po nakaka intindi ang travel agent na ito.

9. jomai says:

hello. for international flights can we get your opinion po if its better to do VOUCHER INSTEAD OF REBOOKING? im scheduled po for may 6. but i can rebook for aug. my concern is i might pay the fare difference pa vs the 10% base fare value added to the voucher is a good deal. im worried i might not be able to book for august using the voucher. any tip would be greatly appreciated po. thank you and god bless!

10. Lilibeth Ming says:

Pano ko po marebook yung ticket ko april 12,2020 po sana flight ko papunta zamboanga.

11. Joyce Caña says:

Hi, there’s no option for booking reference anymore. May 15 po flight namin, pwede po ba mag apply in advance? we have no ticket number reference sa booking details. san po kaya makikita yun?

• Chinkie says:

I have the same problem. I only have the booking reference which the Manage My Booking doesn’t even accept.

• Shirley Tagapan says:

Ticket number should be on the email confirmation sent to you.

12. ALDA CARINA HERRERA says:

My flight supposed to be last April 22,2020 returning to Dubai/UAE
      But because of Covid-19 the PAL automatic cancelled all flights from Domestic to Int’l
      Now my problems are,I try to contact the Travel Agent in Dubai/UAE,but no one answer my call
      How I rebook my Ticket since Im here in Dumaguuete City Negros Oriental,also I try to call the tel no.locate on there web site in Dumaguete City but still on ring.
      Please help me to rebook my ticket

13. rej says:

question:
      for the form fill-up, it asks for ticket number , i only have my booking reference number. and it wont accept this in the form. do you know why this is so?

14. Shirley Tagapan says:

I already sent my request for rebooking over a week ago. It’s just so frustrating that up until now I haven’t received any confirmation regarding my request. I have been calling them everyday, almost 5 times a day but I just can’t get through… it just keeps ringing. Honestly, it’s so exasperating that I’ve sent my request 3 times na. Thousands of Filipinos are stuck overseas and PAL’s rebooking process is a failure.

15. Alexie says:

My original flight was March 16, 2020 from Vancouver to manila. But because of the Covid-19 situation I rebooked it to may 18, 2020 and paid a fare difference. Then PAL cancelled all flights from Canada until May 31, 2020. If I will request for refund, is the fare difference included in the refund? Will there be any fee deducted from my refund?

16. Tim says:

My PAL flight had an engine failure on November 21st, 2019.

We achieved PAL “refund status” in January 2020.

Nearly six months after the failed flight, PAL has stopped responding and I’ve never seen a dime of the thousands of dollars I gave them for the worst airline experience of my life.

Good luck getting a refund.

I’m not convinced this company will be around long enough to honor a travel voucher.

17. Estrellita G. Nera says:

I tried to request rebooking but has not gotten confirmation of the rebooking other than they received the request and that an agent will get back to me.honestly, their life as well mine, will be more relaxed if they allow me to rebook just like I did on initial booking.!
      there will be either available or not available seat for the day ,so I can get the next day etc!
      apparently, PAL has no organization yet! it should have resume their online booking with rebooking option! ticketing office still closed!

18. Emely M. Maladia says:

Good evening!
      My concern is about my ticket was March 24 my flight but it’s affected of lockdown, so until when the effective flight? which is now isn’t Good to travel for vacation.. until when I rebooked it?

19. Emely Maladia says:

My extension on flight until when? My flight was March 24 but due to COVID 19 affected..

20. Emely m.maladaia says:

My flight was goes to pagadian city 24 of March but due to COVID 19 was suspended..and until when it effective?