Philippine Airlines, the country’s flag carrier, has just released its full schedule of operational flights for August 2020. The list covers domestic and international routes.
❗️IMPORTANT❗️ This post was last updated on August 3, 2020. Because the status and schedule of flights change quickly during these extraordinary times, make sure to check with PAL first for possible adjustments. Visit their official website or Facebook page for the latest updates.
In addition, contact the local government of your origin and destination for the most recent restrictions and requirements before booking a flight.
WHAT'S COVERED IN THIS GUIDE?
UPDATE: International flights to and from Manila are not affected by the recent implementation of Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine over Metro Manila. As of August 3, these flights will continue to operate, subject to further guidelines from the authorities.
Note: Some flights bound for Manila may be rerouted to Cebu or Clark due to limited COVID-19 testing slots in the capital. In this case, rerouted passengers will need to undergo testing and quarantine in Cebu or Clark, where they will wait for the result, which usually takes 24-48 hours. If negative, PAL will arrange the transfer to Manila.
Effective: August 1
Manila – Los Angeles – Manila
Every Tue / Wed / Fri / Sun
Manila – San Francisco – Manila
Every Wed / Sat
Manila – New York
New York – Manila
Manila – Honolulu – Manila
Manila – Toronto – Manila
Manila – Vancouver
Every Thu / Sat
Vancouver – Manila
Every Thu / Sun
Manila – Guam
Guam – Manila
Manila – London (Heathrow) – Manila
Manila – Singapore
Every Mon / Wed / Fri, from August 1
Every Mon / Wed / Fri / Sat, effective August 17
Singapore – Manila
Every Mon/ Wed/ Fri, effective Aug. 3
Every Mon/ Wed/ Fri/ Sat, effective Aug. 17
Manila – Kuala Lumpur – Manila
August 9 and 23
August 10 and 24
Bangkok – Manila
August 5, 15 and 29
Manila- Tokyo (Haneda)- Manila
Every Mon / Wed / Sun
Manila – Tokyo (Narita) – Manila
Every Tue / Thu / Fri
Cebu – Tokyo (Narita) – Cebu
August 1 and 15
Manila – Fukuoka – Manila
Manila – Osaka (Kansai) – Manila
Every Tue / Fri/ Sun
Manila – Nagoya – Manila
Every Wed / Sat
Manila – Hong Kong – Manila
Note: Passengers must provide an original copy of a negative COVID-19 nucleic acid test result, taken within 72 hours prior to departure; original lab report; local government certificate recognizing the laboratory; and hotel booking good for a minimum of 14 days quarantine stay in Hong Kong.
Manila – Taipei – Manila
Note: Non-resident foreign nationals must present a negative COVID-19 RT PCR test result issued within 3 days before departure date and undergo a 14-day quarantine in Taipei.
Manila – Dubai – Manila
Every Tue / Thu
Note: Travelers to Dubai must secure a COVID-19 negative certificate not longer than 96 hours prior to departure.
Manila – Dammam- Manila
Every Mon / Fri
Manila – Riyadh- Manila
Every Tue / Sat
Manila – Doha- Manila
Every Thursday, effective August 6
Manila – Port Moresby
Port Moresby – Manila
Manila – Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) – Manila
Manila – Seoul (Incheon) – Manila
UPDATE: In line with the Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ) implemented in Metro Manila and selected provinces, all regular scheduled DOMESTIC flights to and from Manila from August 4 to 18 have been CANCELED!
Domestic flights between Clark, Cebu, Davao and cities outside Metro Manila are not affected and will remain operational.
Some adjustments or cancellations may happen depending on the changing entry requirements and restrictions implemented by respective local government units (LGUs).
The list below applies to flights from August 19.
Clark – Davao – Clark*,***
Cebu – Tacloban – Cebu
Every Thu / Sat
Cebu – Dumaguete – Cebu
Every Mon / Thu, effective August 10
Cebu – Cagayan de Oro – Cebu
Every Wed / Sun
Cebu – Davao – Cebu*
Cebu – Zamboanga – Cebu**
Every Mon / Fri
Davao- Zamboanga- Davao*, **
Every Thu / Sun
*Travelers to Davao are encouraged to submit prior to check-in a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test result issued within 72 hours before the travel date to avoid doing the test and waiting for the result at the airport. Children under 12 years are exempted provided that the accompanying adult has a negative RT-PCR result.
**Travelers to Zamboanga must undergo a COVID-19 RT-PCR test upon arrival and a 14-day quarantine.
***Travelers to Clark who wish to enter Angeles City must also present a negative COVID-19 test result at the boundary checkpoint.
PAL also shares that they plan to add more routes and flights in the next months, if they will be permitted by aviation authorities.
- Travel for leisure is prohibited on domestic routes. This is a government policy.
- Arrive at the airport at least 4 hours before scheduled departure for international flights. For domestic, be at the airport at least 3 hours before.
- Familiarize yourself with the Arrival Process at the airport. Here are step-by-step guides: Manila Process, Cebu Process.
- Before booking, always check with the local government of both your origin and destination for travel and health documents that may be required. These documents vary depending on the province or city and change from time to time, so get in touch with the local government for the most updated requirements.
- Follow the NEW NORMAL guidelines at the airport and inside the aircraft. We have a separate post detailing the step-by-step procedures to follow before, during, and after the flight. Read here: PAL HEALTH & SAFETY GUIDELINES!
- Because the status of flights changes quickly especially during these uncertain times, before making any move, always double check with PAL first to get the latest flight status. You may check their official website or Facebook page.
- New International Arrival Process at NAIA (Manila Airport)
- New International Arrival Process at Cebu Airport
- List of DOH-Accredited Hotels in Metro Manila, Cavite and Batangas
- List of DOH-Accredited Hotels in Cebu
- New Guidelines for International Departure & Arrival (PAL)
- List of Requirements for Essential Travel
- Philippine Airlines New Travel Guidelines at Airport & Inside the Airplane
- Cebu Pacific New Travel Guidelines
If you have booked a flight with PAL before and your flight is canceled, you will be informed directly.
For more information about how to rebook, get a refund or convert your booking to a travel voucher, we have a separate post here: OPTIONS FOR CANCELED PAL FLIGHTS DUE TO COVID-19!