IMPORTANT: Before working on the arrival requirements, know that Philippine quarantine and testing requirements and protocol differ depending on the traveler’s vaccination status. READ THIS FIRST: PHILIPPINE TESTING & QUARANTINE PROTOCOL!
This post was last updated on: 16 DECEMBER 2021. For more updated info, visit the official website of the Mactan Cebu International Airport.
The Mactan Cebu International Airport (sometimes referred to simply as Cebu Airport) is one of the biggest hubs and busiest airports in the Philippines. It serves as a key gateway to the country, especially the the Central Visayas Region.
Just like most major airports around the world, Cebu Airport has been implementing stricter safety and health guidelines due to the COVID-19 pandemic. If you’re traveling to Cebu from abroad, here’s what you need to prepare prior to your trip and what to expect upon arrival at the airport.
WHAT'S COVERED IN THIS GUIDE?
REQUIREMENTS TO PREPARE BEFORE YOUR TRIP
Prior to your travel date, make sure that you have taken care of the following:
- Sign up for a ONE HEALTH PASS account and complete the e-HDC. You can register here as early as 3 days before your arrival. In addition, you also have to accomplish the e-HDC the day before or on the day of your travel. Once done, you will be given a unique transaction number and QR code that you must keep. Each passenger must have their own One Health Pass (OHP) QR code.
- TRAZE App. This is the mandatory app for passengers using any of the airports in the Philippines. More info about how to download and use here: TRAZE APP!
- Confirmed booking at a DOH-Accredited Hotel for quarantine (if applicable). This may be required depending on your vaccination status. See: LIST OF DOH-ACCREDITED QUARANTINE HOTELS IN CEBU!
- COVID-19 RT-PCR Swab Test Result. Must be taken within 48 hours before departure
- Proof of vaccination. See accepted proof and guidelines in the section towards the end of this article.
ARRIVAL PROTOCOL AT CEBU AIRPORT
1. Accomplish the necessary forms.
Before arrival in Cebu, fill out these forms. These will be distributed by the flight crew, so you may accomplish them during the flight.
- Immigration Arrival Card
- Customs Declaration Form
2. Prepare your One Health Pass QR Code.
Keep your One Health Pass (OHP) code handy. From here forward, you’ll be presenting it at multiple points of the process:
- During BOQ eHDC verification
- at the help desks during the verification and hotel assignment
- at the final verification of your arrival
- upon quarantine hotel check-in and check-out (if applicable)
3. Listen to the Arrival Briefing.
As soon as you land, you will be required to undergo a briefing led by the Bureau of Quarantine.
This will explain to you the whole process and what to expect in the coming days.
4. Proceed to the Validation Counter.
After the briefing, present the following at the Validation Counter.
- OHP Personal QR Code.
- Boarding Pass
- Proof of hotel booking (if applicable)
You will be given a a printed barcode. Keep it until the date of your swab test (if applicable).
5. Go through thermal scanning.
Your temperature will be checked by the BOQ staff.
6. Clear Immigration check.
After thermal scanning, make your way to the Immigration counters for the routine Immigration inspection. Prepare to present your passport and submit the Arrival Card you filled out earlier.
7. Approach the Arrival Reclaim counters.
Once you’re through Immigration, approach the counter at the Arrival Reclaim Hall and present your OHP QR code again:
- For OFWs, proceed to OWWA Help Desk, where you will be told the quarantine hotel assigned to you.
- For non-OFWs and Foreign Nationals, proceed to DOT Help Desk.
8. Swab test.
Arriving international passengers may be subject to a swab test upon arrival, done by Department of Health (DOH) Region 7.
9. Pick up your luggage.
At the Baggage Claim area, approach the assigned luggage belt and pick up your bags.
10. Proceed to the assigned waiting area.
Wait for a representative from the following:
- For OFWs, OWWA representative
- For non-OFWs and foreign nationals, staff from your booked quarantine hotel (if applicable)
11. Clear Customs check.
Proceed to the Customs counter for clearance. The OWWA or hotel representative will accompany you as you exit.
12. Transfer to your hotel (if applicable).
The OWWA/hotel representative will take you to the service vehicle, which will take you to your quarantine hotel.
Check in at the hotel. Note that some hotels may have additional protocol so contact them before your trip to be prepared.
You will be staying at this hotel until your swab test result is released.
13. Wait for the result of the test (if applicable).
The result will be sent to the email address that you entered when you accomplished the registration form prior to the trip. Those who are required to take a second swab test will receive only the result of that second test.
If positive, you will be given further instructions by the Bureau of Quarantine.
If you have questions about the test result, you may reach out to the BOQ at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (032) 494-7000, 7688 to 7690.
14. Proceed to your destination.
If swab test result is negative, coordinate with the local government of your destination regarding transportation and completion of home quarantine. LGUs sometimes have their own policies so it’s best to ask them directly. For example, Cebu City has sets of rules completely separate from the rest of the province.
- For OFWs, coordinate with your Local Manning Agency or with OWWA if you need help with transportation.
- For non-OFWs, you’re most likely to shoulder the transportation costs to your home.
- For PAL passengers who are originally bound for Manila but rerouted to Cebu, PAL will take you on the next available flight to your final point of arrival. Call PAL’s Cebu Hotline at +6332 340-0191 (available from 8 AM to 8 PM) for changes to the connecting flight.