As the restrictions for leisure travel for Filipinos are slowly being eased and tourism spots in the Philippines are starting to reopen, new guidelines for travel are being implemented. The Department of Transportation recently announced the launch of the contact tracing app Traze.
The app had a soft launch last October 28. Currently, it is being used in four of the international airports in the country:
- Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) in Manila
- Clark International Airport (CRK)
- Mactan Cebu International Airport (MCIAA)
- Davao International Airport (DIA)
However, it will be mandatory in ALL AIRPORTS in the Philippines starting November 28, 2020.
Here are more details about the app.
What is TRAZE App?
Traze contact tracing app is developed by Cosmotech Philippines Inc. and the Philippine Ports Authority to aid the nationwide and unified contact tracing. The government requires every passenger to download the app and register before proceeding to the airport. According to the DOTr, Traze will be eventually used in all modes of transportation as well.
WHAT'S COVERED IN THIS GUIDE?
How to download Traze?
Traze is available on the following:
- AppStore (for iPhone / iOS users)
- Huawei AppGallery
- Samsung Galaxy Store
- Google Play Store (for other Android users)
For users outside the Philippines, get the app here!
Where is it required?
It is currently implemented in Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA), Clark International Airport (CRK), Mactan Cebu International Airport (MCIAA), and Davao International Airport (DIA).
It will be mandatory in ALL airports nationwide starting November 28, 2020. Eventually, the app will be used in other modes of transportation, establishments, and barangays.
What is the airport process? Kailan dapat i-scan ang Traze app?
Here’s a quick infographic created by the makers of the app. We also typed them down below just in case the text isn’t readable on your device.
- Airport entrance. Before you enter the airport terminal building.
- Check-in counter. Each counter has a unique Traza code. Passengers need to scan it or ask the staff to scan for them.
- Immigration counter. For international passengers, the Traze QR code will also be scanned upon clearing Immigration checks.
- Departure gate. Traze QR will also be scanned before boarding the aircraft.
- Arrival gate. You must also scan your code upon arrival at the airport.
- Baggage claim. Each baggage carousel has a unique Traze QR code, which you also have to scan.
- Airport taxi. If you’re taking any airport land transportation, you must also scan the Traze code.
How to Register with Traze app?
Here’s a step-by-step video guide:
How to use the Traze app?
Traze uses QR code scanning for contact tracing. Each person, establishment, transportation, and barangay will have a unique Traze ID and QR code that will be used for scanning. You can scan the QR codes of establishments you went to and people you interacted with and it will be recorded on the app.
Here’s a video tutorial.
You may also check your history on the app if you want to see the places you visited and scanned on the app.
There are still some bugs according to reviews, but hopefully they’ll get to fix those before it is fully implemented.
Does it require internet connection?
Once you’ve downloaded Traze on your mobile device and registered, you may use it offline to scan the QR codes. However, you have to be connected to the internet to update your Traze history.
What if I don’t have a mobile device to download the app?
According to the DOTr, you may approach the Malasakit Helpdesk at the airport to get a unique QR code if you don’t have a mobile device. You may also ask a family member to register you on the app.
Does the app track my location?
Traze doesn’t use GPS or bluetooth to work. It keeps records of places you visited through the QR scans you would do.
How would I know if I had a contact with someone with COVID-19?
You will get a notification on the app if you have come in contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19. If you get a notification, it is advised that you self-isolate and observe if you will have any symptoms.
Related Posts: Accredited Hotels
If you’re looking for a place to stay in Metro Manila, Metro Cebu, Boracay, Kalibo, Batangas, Laguna, and Cavite (including Tagaytay), here are some lists of the DOH- or DOT-accredited properties in these areas.
- List of DOH-Accredited Hotels in Metro Manila, Cavite, Laguna and Batangas
- List of DOH-Accredited Hotels in Cebu
- List of DOT-Accredited Hotels in BORACAY and KALIBO