❗️ Published: 18 JULY 2020. Please contact the LGU for the latest updates!
If you’re flying to Cagayan de Oro soon, it is important that you’re familiar with the new travel guidelines and requirements amid the COVID-19 pandemic, so you won’t run into any problem along the way.
In this post, we’ll share with you the required documents that you will be asked to present and the departure and arrival processes that you need to follow if you’re flying to Laguindingan Airport (CGY), which serves Cagayan de Oro and neighboring areas. This is in compliance with the regulations of the civil aviation authorities and the local government.
WHAT'S COVERED IN THIS GUIDE?
What are the Travel Requirements?
For AUTHORIZED PERSONS OUTSIDE RESIDENCE (APORs):
- Company ID
- Certificate of Employment
- Medical Certificate (valid for 14 days)
For RETURNING OVERSEAS FILIPINOS (ROFs) and LOCALLY STRANDED INDIVIDUALS (LSIs):
- Medical certificate, issued by a government physician, valid for 14 days.
- Travel authority from the Joint Task Force COVID Shield (JTF-CV) of the Philippine National Police (PNP). NOT ALL passengers are required to present this. It depends on your place of origin. To check if you need to have a travel authority, check out the table below.
- Restricted – Travel authority REQUIRED
- Unrestricted – Travel authority NOT REQUIRED
If your place of origin is UNRESTRICTED but you’re passing through a RESTRICTED area, you need a Travel Pass-Through Permit (TPP).
The list above is as of October 28. You may visit this page to check if there is an updated version.
What to Do Before your Flight?
Prior to your departure for Cagayan de Oro, you must do the following:
- 2-3 days before your flight, accomplish the Pre-Arrival Coordination Form. You can find that here. This form was created by the local government of Cagayan de Oro to facilitate the arrival process. You should do this any time between 9am and 5pm.
- Check your email inbox regularly. Whether you’re flying with AirAsia, Cebu Pacific or Philippine Airlines, it is extremely important that you check your email regularly because updates about your flight are sent there.
- At the airport, accomplish the passenger information form. You’ll find one at the check-in counter. Some of the details you need to provide are your full name, address, contact numbers, and final destination.
Depending on your points of origin and destination, there may be additional guidelines that you need to follow.
On top of these, we highly encourage that you contact the local government units of the following: Cagayan de Oro, your origin, and your final destination. Check with them for possible additional requirements or steps that you need to make prior to your flight. Policies change quickly these days because these are highly unusual circumstances.
You may also contact them through the following:
– For Locally Stranded Individuals (LSI): 09190689770, 09533608463
– For Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs): 09658307178
While you’re at it, ask the LGU for other additional requirements or changes in the policies to make sure you’re updated.
What is the quarantine policy of Cagayan de Oro City?
Cagayan de Oro enforces three types of isolation methods to incoming passengers:
- City Isolation Unit (CIU) – If you test negative, this should last shorter than 14 days. ALL EXPENSES including accommodation, meals and swab test will be covered by the city government. However, you cannot choose which CIU facility you will be assigned to.
- Home Quarantine (HQ) – 14 days of isolation AT HOME. If you prefer this, you need to inform the city authorities and the barangay officials will check the home and must approve. You will be monitored by the barangay health response team. You will be shouldering all expenses, but swab test is optional.
- Client Arranged Isolation (CAI) – 14 days of isolation AT A HOTEL or CONDO UNIT of your choice. You must cover all the expenses, but swab test is optional. This must also be requested prior to arrival because barangay authorities must inspect and approve the place. Once settled, you will be monitored by the barangay health response team.
Possibly Related Posts
- List of Requirements for Essential Travel
- New Guidelines for International Departure & Arrival (PAL)
- List of Operational Flights for July (PAL)
- Philippine Airlines New Travel Guidelines at Airport & Inside the Airplane
- Cebu Pacific New Travel Guidelines