If you’re flying to Cagayan de Oro soon, it is important that you’re familiar with the new travel guidelines and requirements amid the COVID-19 pandemic, so you won’t run into any problem along the way.
Philippines AirAsia has published a quick infographic summing up the required documents that you will be asked to present if you’re flying to Laguindingan Airport (CGY), which serves Cagayan de Oro and neighboring areas. This is in compliance with the regulations of the civil aviation authorities and the local government.
WHAT'S COVERED IN THIS GUIDE?
What are the Travel Requirements?
First of all, only Region 10 residents are allowed to travel to Cagayan de Oro.
- Medical certificate, issued by a government physician.
- Travel authority from the Joint Task Force COVID Shield (JTF-CV) of the Philippine National Police (PNP).
What to Do Before your Flight?
Prior to your departure for Cagayan de Oro, you must do the following:
- Days before your flight, inform the Cagayan de Oro local government of your arrival date. You may reach them through the following:
– For Locally Stranded Individuals (LSI): 09190689770, 09533608463
– For Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs): 09658307178
While you’re at it, ask the LGU for other additional requirements or changes in the policies to make sure you’re updated.
- Check your email inbox regularly. Whether you’re flying with AirAsia, Cebu Pacific or Philippine Airlines, it is extremely important that you check your email regularly because updates about your flight are sent there.
- At the airport, accomplish the passenger information form. You’ll find one at the check-in counter. Some of the details you need to provide are your full name, address, contact numbers, and final destination.
On top of these, we highly encourage that you contact the local government units of the following: Cagayan de Oro, your origin, and your final destination. Check with them for possible additional requirements or steps that you need to make prior to your flight. Policies change quickly these days because these are highly unusual circumstances.
- For more information about traveling with AirAsia, visit their FAQs page: AirAsia Frequently Asked Questions!
- List of Requirements for Essential Travel
- New Guidelines for International Departure & Arrival (PAL)
- List of Operational Flights for July (PAL)
- Philippine Airlines New Travel Guidelines at Airport & Inside the Airplane
- Cebu Pacific New Travel Guidelines