If you will be flying soon, know that there have been changes to the airport, check-in, boarding and deplaning processes. Airlines and airports have implemented preventive safety and sanitation measures that are a lot stricter.
Cebu Pacific recently published an album of infographics featuring their new travel guidelines for a safer contact-less experience. Here they are. If the images are too small or unreadable on your device, we also typed them down.
WHAT'S COVERED IN THIS GUIDE?
- Cebu Pacific encourages guests to book their flights directly on their website.
- Ticketing offices will remain closed until further notice.
- Transactions done at ticketing offices can be done through the Cebu Pacific website or through their agent-assisted channels that are available 24/7.
Before Going to the Airport
- Face mask is required from entering the airport to arriving at your destination. This is applicable for all flights.
- Have a meal before flying. Only pre-ordered meals and bottled water will be available in-flight.
- Each passenger can only bring one carry-on baggage with the maximum size of 56cm x 36cm x 23cm inside the cabin.
- Passengers must bring personal hand sanitizers not bigger than 100ml.
- You must bring a personal pen to fill out forms.
- Before leaving the house, check your flight status and once confirmed, check-in online for your convenience.
- For domestic lights, be at the airport 3 hours before your estimated time of departure.
- Check all local government regulations of your origin and destination before flying to make sure you can comply to their requirements.
At the Airport
- Only guests with a valid travel documents and wearing a face mask shall be allowed to enter the airport. Guests must present their electronic boarding pass to the airport security.
- Airport officials will conduct contactless temperature check and thermal scans.
- Follow the floor markers to maintain physical distancing.
Check-in or Bag Drop
- Use check-in kiosks available at key airports.
- If traveling with a group, only the group leader should come forward to check-in. Likewise, only one guest per booking must come forward to check-in.
- Make sure you hold your boarding pass and ID with the bar code facing the check-in agent for touchless scanning.
- There are available sanitizers in check-in kiosks and bag drop counters for guests to use.
- CEB shall disinfect counter surfaces, kiosks, wheelchair handles periodically.
- Maintain physical distancing at all times by following the floor markers.
Pre-Departure and Boarding
- Sanitizers are available for guests to use.
- Observe physical distancing at all times by following the seat and floor markers, even when boarding through the aerobridge and buses.
- Listen intently to the new boarding procedures to be announced by boarding agents. Stand up and fall in line only when your row number is called.
- Hold your boarding pass with the barcode facing the boarding agent when you approach for touchless scanning.
Inside the Aircraft
- Make sure you’re boarding the correct flight.
- Proceed to your assigned seat and stow your carry-on baggage to the overhead bin or under your seat immediately.
- Sanitizers must be provided upon entering the aircraft and available in the lavatory.
- Buy-on-board service only offers bottled water.
- Passengers won’t be allowed to change seats while in-flight for proper contact tracing, If necessary.
- The cabin crew shall clean the lavatory frequently while in-flight.
- Rigorous aircraft cleaning and disinfection shall be done daily.
- The last three rows shall be left empty for ill-feeling passengers, if any.
- For physical distancing, select seats will be left empty if passenger volume is low. Passengers traveling in groups or pairs may be seated together.
Deplaning and Disembarkation
- Deplaning shall be done per row to maintain orderliness and observe physical distancing. Listen carefully to new deplaning and disembarkation procedure instructions from the Cabin Crew.
- All items for disposal are requested to be thrown in the appropriate garage bin near the exit door during deplaning.
Arrival at the Airport Destination
- Face mask is required.
- Guests shall accomplish health declaration forms or similar documents and submit them to officials.
- Sanitizers are available for guests to use.
- Baggage pushcart handles shall be disinfected regularly.
- Physical distancing must be observed at all times.
For a swift and hassle-free journey, before booking a flight, get in touch with the local government unit of your origin or destination to check for travel requirements.
- List of Travel Requirements (Cebu Pacific & AirAsia)
- Cebu Pacific FAQs
- AirAsia Philippines FAQs
- Philippine Airlines New Normal Guidelines