2020 • 5 • 13
These are extraordinary times. Since COVID-19 (novel coronavirus disease) put almost everything on hold, no one has been risking more than the healthcare workers who have been in the frontlines, battling the pandemic.
To show their appreciation and gratitude, Qatar Airways will be giving away 100,000 complimentary economy-class tickets to flights on their network so frontline healthcare professionals around the world can take a much-deserved break. Eligible professionals who will receive a promo code will be entitled to the following:
- Up to 2 complimentary roundtrip Economy Class tickets for yourself and a companion
- Receive 35% off at Qatar Duty Free outlets at Hamad International Airport in Doha, Qatar
A limited number of promo codes will be distributed BY COUNTRY DAILY.
Here’s more info.
Who are Eligible?
The eligible professionals are the following:
- Medical practitioners
- Lab technicians
- Clinical researchers
In case you’re awarded a promo code and you decide to use it, you must present the original medical identification at the airport check-in desk at the time of departure.
How to Join
- Complete the form on this page. You can do this until 18 May 18 2020 or until tickets are still available.
- You will receive an exclusive promo code. The promo code is valid for a single booking for up to 2 adult tickets (age 12+) for the healthcare professional and a companion only. You can use this code until 28 November 2020.
- Use that promo code to book your complimentary tickets. Travel dates should be within this period: May 26 to December 20, 2020 (outbound). Ticket fare and surcharges will be waived, but taxes must be shouldered by the passenger.
NOTE: A limited number of promo codes will be available per country, per day.
If you’re able to book a complimentary ticket, you must present the original medical identification stating your profession/position and country of employment at the airport check-in desk at the time of departure. This may be medical license or registration. No photograph or printed identification will be accepted. The passport must also be presented.
The airline has the right to refuse boarding if the participant fails to present identification or cancel any booking if false identification is suspected.
SUMMARY OF DATES:
Offer Period: May 12 to 18, 2020
Promo Code Booking period: From 12 May until 28 November 2020
Travel Period: May 26 to December 10, 2020 (last outbound travel)
“Your tremendous efforts and incredible resilience have given us hope in these times of uncertainty,” the airline states on their website.
For more information, visit the official website of Qatar Airlines here: www.qatarairways.com.