All things related to travel have changed a lot because of the pandemic. Protocols and requirements for traveling have been set, operations of establishments have been regulated, and public transportation options are still limited. And all of these are continuously changing. With more destinations being reopened and the holidays coming up, more public transportation options and routes are operating again. This is a good thing especially for people who want to be with their families this Christmas season.
Since a lot have changed since the last time we’re all able to travel, it is important to keep up with the updated protocols and requirements of your origin and destination when you make plans. It is also best to check schedules of public transportation if you won’t be using a private vehicle. Even if you have taken public transportation to your destination many times before, chances are, it’s already different in the new normal.
One of the most popular bus companies with routes to, from and within the Southern Tagalog region is JAC Liner Inc. They currently have only two (20 operational routes, both involving Laguna. However, note that the JAC Liner terminal in Cubao / Kamias remains CLOSED.
Here are the schedules and fares of JAC Liner buses as of this writing.
WHAT'S COVERED IN THIS GUIDE?
Ayala – Biñan – Ayala
As of 19 April 2021
Ayala – Biñan: 6am – 9pm
Biñan – Ayala: 6am – 7pm
Fare: Php 68.00
Exact Pick-up / Drop-off points:
- Tropical Hut Gil Puyat cor Urban Ave (Makati Med)
- Bus Stop – 24 NEX Tower Ayala Ave
- Bus Stop – Security Bank Centre Ayala Ave – (Paseo De Roxas)
- Bus Stop 25 – Philtrust Building Ayala Ave (Ayala Triangle)
- Glorietta 5 (Drop off only)
- MRT Ayala Station
- Bus Stop Mantrade (Along EDSA)
- Starmall Alabang
- Ayala Malls South Park
- National Rd, Brgy. Putatan, Muntinlupa
- Soldier’s Hills Village, Muntinlupa
- Medical Center Muntinlupa
- Parkhomes Subdivision
- Villa Carolina I Subdivision
- San Pedro Market
- Robinsons Galleria South
- JAC Liner Biñan Terminal
Biñan – San Pablo – Biñan
There’s a bus EVERY HOUR within these operating periods:
- Biñan – San Pablo: 5:00 am – 6:00 pm
- San Pablo – Biñan: 5:00 am – 5:00 pm
Fare: Php 121.00
- Binan: Southwoods Mall
- San Pablo: SM San Pablo
Lucena – Biñan – Lucena
As of 19 April 2021
Lucena – Biñan: 5am – 5pm
Biñan – Lucena: 5am – 5pm
New Normal Bus Rules
Important reminders from JAC Liner Inc.:
- Only passengers 15-65 years old are allowed.
- Passengers must bring a valid ID.
- JAC Liner doesn’t require travel documents to be presented.
- No face mask and face shield, no boarding.
- Step on the footbath mat and use alcohol upon boarding.
- Have your temperature checked before boarding.
- Accomplish the contact tracing form.
- Only occupy seats that are marked with a number.
The LTFRB also has some reminders for the passengers. These “7 Commandments” are implemented in all public transport vehicles based on the recommendation of health experts:
- Always wear a mask and a face shield.
- Talking and speaking on the phone is not allowed.
- Eating is prohibited.
- Proper ventilation in PUVs must be maintained.
- Disinfection should be done regularly.
- Passengers with symptoms of COVID-19 are not allowed to ride public transportation.
- Proper physical distancing or the “one-seat apart” rule must always be observed.